Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently completed the 3 wheel basic rider course and attached below is a video of the range excesses we completed for the test. The course was spread over 3 days ... In total 16 hour course.

·
Registered
2015 BMW K1600GTL & 2008 Harley Davidson Dyna Super Glide Custom
1,360 Posts
I had no idea MSF had a special course for three wheelers. Are you able to get a motorcycle license when you've completed it?

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2018 Kawasaki NINJA 650 ABS KRT
535 Posts
I had no idea MSF had a special course for three wheelers. Are you able to get a motorcycle license when you've completed it?

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
Yes there's a license waiver version of it, but it's for a three-wheel endorsement only (at least in Missouri, YMMV).

·
Registered
2015 custom/ modded Yamaha R3
467 Posts
Thats so rad. Wish my Mom would get a 3 wheeler so we could ride together. She wants to ride but is terrified of bikes.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That is why I created my channel, I was the same way ... afraid to ride or even be a passenger. The 3-wheel idea seemed like it might work so I gave it a try ... loving it so far.

·
American Legion Rider
23,605 Posts
My wife started riding again after she got wiped out by a left turner. That was over 20 years earlier. It was the 3 wheel Spyder that lured her back and she loves riding once more. There are a lot of reasons these 3 wheelers help with. One is they can be configured in many different ways to help the handicapped. From being on the short size to missing limbs and more. They are definitely a good thing. (y)

Reactions: BAZININJA

·
On The Road Again!
3,838 Posts
Yes there's a license waiver version of it, but it's for a three-wheel endorsement only (at least in Missouri, YMMV).
Same in New Jersey. If you take the test on a three wheeler, you are only licensed to ride a three wheeler.
Handicapped...
There used to be a guy who came to Bike Night on a Can Am Spyder who was paralyzed from the waist down. He carried a fold up wheelchair on the Spyder. He told me he had been hit by a drunk many years before which paralyzed him. One day years later he was watching tv at home when an ad for the brand new Spyder came on tv. As he watched the ad he said out loud, "I'm BACK!" He went right out and bought the Spyder and never looked back.
He passed away a couple of years ago from some other medical problem.
Still miss seeing him at Bike Night.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts