Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Honda Rebel 250
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone used these devices or something similar or had good/bad experiences with www.areostich.com?
The idea is you put your rear wheel on one of these things so you can rotate the wheel while lubing or adjusting the chain instead of having to move the whole bike forward bit by bit to expose the next little section of chain.

Given the price of any decent tool $60 sounds reasonable if the silver one really is high quality and works good. And I'm wary of the red one because it looks like the rollers are rather far apart and might be small (like the contact patch of the tire would be between the rollers instead of on them.)

Does anyone have advice about these tools or suggestions of alternative tools/sources?

·
Visionary
4,459 Posts
I have this one from Harbor Freight.
It worked OK for cleaning the wheels but after trying it I realized it was easier to just stick the jack under the bike and lift it up, then the wheels really spin free rather than having to fight to turn them.
My only bike with a chain has a built in center stand, that's the easy way to do it.

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
I have this one from Harbor Freight.
It worked OK for cleaning the wheels but after trying it I realized it was easier to just stick the jack under the bike and lift it up, then the wheels really spin free rather than having to fight to turn them.
My only bike with a chain has a built in center stand, that's the easy way to do it.
I got mine at harbor freight too, but I don't think I paid $25 for it

It is also good for winter storage of cruisers, front wheel in chock and rear on the spinny thing, every day or 2 give the rear tire a little spin to help prevent flat spots

If you have a rear tire lift, harbor freight sells, it is easier than the spinny thing

·
Premium Member
8,698 Posts
I use the center stand for two bikes. Bluzu only has a side stand, so I use a rear wheel lift. Not sure what they are called. Cost about $100. Holds the bike upright, and makes it easy to spin the wheel. The unit you are showing does not look as convenient, and does not hold the bike up right. UK

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
Wheel lift at harbor freight is about $50, that is the one where you need spools already on your bike, the one that fits under swingarm is $40

The wheel spinny thing isn't supposed to hold the bike upright, it's a quick easy way to clean lube chain.......and this is something you could actually carry with you, if you have something like a versys lt

·
Premium Member
8,698 Posts
Thank you for the clarity. I have a bike, a center stand, a rear wheel lifting device, but not a wheel jockey. But I do not need a wheel jockey. I have removed two center stands from two bikes. I do not need them. Those bikes have shaft drives, so no chain oiling. On only one bike can I use the center stand to turn both wheels. That is on the XS400. All the rest must get rolled. I use the center stand on two bikes to oil the chain, and a rear wheel lift thing for one bike. UK

·
Registered
45 Posts
I use a rear stand to clean and lube my chain on my bikes that don’t have a centerstand.
When I’m on trips. I have one of the guys I’m with tilt the bike to the left while on the side stand to lift the rear tire off the ground so I can lube the chain.

One of my buddies uses a Tirox Snap Jack to lube his chain. He said he’s even used it to change a tire once in a pinch.

·
Registered
79 Cb750f
398 Posts
Buy one what?
A bike? A center stand? A rear wheel lifting device like I mentioned in post #4 ? A wheel jockey as in post #1 ? UK
The roller thing. The subject of this thread.
Myself, I just get what I can get, roll the bike about 4 feet, and hit what I missed.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts