Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

I just joined this forum and I thought I'd introduce myself. My friends call me Sturdi. I ride a modified HD on everything from daily commutes to weekend rides -- and as many cross country trips as I can each year. For now I live near DC, but I've been looking to the far west for the next chapter of my life.

My wife loves to ride with me as long as the weather isn't too awful. She's the best riding companion there ever was. Sorta like R2D2 on the back of Luke's fighter, only very sexy. The only thing I don't ride in is frozen water, whether ice, snow, or hail. I've taken a police rider training course, and I use my combat flight training skills as well. It's all about survival out there. Bogies (unknown threats) and bandits (hostiles).

My other favorite pastime is music. I've been playing guitar for about 30 years, and I play by ear. With a few exceptions like piano, I can normally pick up an instrument for the first time and play it within minutes. My wife wants me to perform full time after I retire, and it sounds like a lot of fun as long as there's a retirement income to keep food on the table and ice in the drinks.

My passion is destroying mandatory adult helmet laws. In graduate school at the National Defense University I wrote my final research paper on fighting and winning the helmet law battle using military principles and management science. Now I'm turning theory into reality with the Road Warrior Service.

As a new forum member I can't post the Road Warrior Service website address yet, but it's pretty easy to find or figure out. Feel free to contact me if you'd like to learn more. I guarantee you, this is so different that you'll have to see it to believe it. And if you don't get it, no problem either. It's not for everyone.

I invented a helmet sling that allows me to ride without a helmet. Even though I live in a helmet state, and I'm surrounded on all sides by helmet states, I have been going without for almost two years. Of course there are obvious exceptions, like when I'm in the line of sight of a bandit, when visibility is poor, or when there's too much going on for me to scan for bandits. But on the open road or snaking downtown, I'm the guy who has the brains and the ba11s to ride free.

Anyway, happy to be here for the long haul. I'm looking forward to meeting some good people and perhaps making new friends.

Sturdi

·
Knees 2 the breeze!
3,445 Posts
Welcome from Southern Illinois where we don't have to wear helmets but do anyway:D
God bless & ride safe!
Daddio

1 - 4 of 4 Posts