Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i want this.

://4.bp.blogspot.com/_JERN4egX_yw/Sa3911iJTTI/AAAAAAAADQk/D87-AI1rqlg/s1600-h/0+new+paint+side+%231.jpg

they wont let me put a link so just add http to the beginning and it will take you to max schaffs 4q site.

so i guess my question would be how do i start getting to my goal....let me back up though, i want to build a bobber style bike, slowly. i completely want a rigid frame with that small tank, springer "frisco" look like above but make it as cheap as possible. i don't want it to look nice but i want it to run nice.

i used to work on old 60's air cooled volkswagens and i want my bike to be the same way, no computers, just simple "less is more" idea.

basically what is the cheapest way to get a rigid frame? softail chopped and welded rigid, just wait till i find a rigid, or should i just give up and drive a car the rest of my life.

thanks.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
://dirtbagchallenge.com/albums/2006/Rides/slides/20060924-dirtbag032.html

http to front please.

this was for a $1000 and under build contest. how is it possible and if it is i want to do it.

·
Registered
109 Posts
First off Don't ever give up on a dream!! If you have welding skills why don't you just give it a shot try building your own rigid frame then you would have even more to brag about when its done! I know its easier said then done but look on the net for some basic blueprints for a rigid frame and get your metal and give it a shot.

·
Registered
2,633 Posts
This isnt exactly what your wanting but this is my budget rigid bobber.

This is the list how it COULD be done.

late 70s, early 80s Jap bike (in this case a 81 KZ440 from Craigslist) - $400 to $600
HD Sporty tank - $80
HD headlight - $40
cheapy springer seat - $40
cheapy bars - $20
expensive white vintage grips - $40
black paint, zip ties, various bobbles etc - probably under $100

I just used metal struts to make mine a rigid....easier that way. The early KZ400s actually had kick starters....but mine was a couple years to new....**** my luck.

NO reason you should be able to do something easily under $1K.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts