Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
5,618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am starting to get my gear together, and trying to decide between boots and these riding shoes I found on Revzilla, that look like a pair of high top basketball shoes but are thicker on the toe and a bit more like boots all around.

After reading a bunch of different reviews I decided on the Stylmartin Marshall riding shoes. They got great reviews and I figured they would work great for riding to work. Has anyone tried this brand of shoes?

·
Registered
5,618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
200 clams for a pair of sneakers??
If they are high quality, last a long time, and are comfortable, I am okay with that. A couple years ago I was having a lot of problems with my feet. They hurt all the time. I decided to take a good look at my footwear. My closet was full of $50 Nike tennies. I started buying good shoes, mainly Scarpa and Asolo hiking shoes from REI. I have also gotten good insoles. The difference has been night and day. So I don't really flinch anymore. I know it's a lot of money for boots but I'm not 25 anymore, and you can't take it with you ;)

·
Registered
5,618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My wife and I have an agreement...she doesn't say anything about what I spend on my hobbies and I don't say anything about her shopping at Nordstrom. The anniversary sale is next week ;)

·
Registered
44 Posts
I ordered a pair of TCX Metropolitans as they fit with my work attire. They'll be arriving this weekend. I wanted to get the Icon Super Duty 5 shoes too because they match my casual clothes but unfortunately they are pretty much out of stock everywhere.

·
American Legion Rider Staff Administrator
27,445 Posts
You could also buy one custom orthotic insole and then wear just about anything you want. Most shoes have worthless insoles.

·
Gone.
17,854 Posts
If they are high quality, last a long time, and are comfortable, I am okay with that. A couple years ago I was having a lot of problems with my feet. They hurt all the time. I decided to take a good look at my footwear. My closet was full of $50 Nike tennies. I started buying good shoes, mainly Scarpa and Asolo hiking shoes from REI. I have also gotten good insoles. The difference has been night and day. So I don't really flinch anymore. I know it's a lot of money for boots but I'm not 25 anymore, and you can't take it with you ;)
Then why not wear a pair you already own? 200 smackeroos is a whole weekend on the road!

·
Administrator
1,774 Posts
I wear the A-Star brand riding footwear. There was a pair I got one time they resemble a tennis shoe but were only 60.00USD

Half the Time I wear my work boots (Redwing or Justin) when on the Goldwing because they are more comfortable than any shoes I have ever owned.

·
Registered
10 Posts
for what it's worth..... after trying on many different riding boots, I just bought a pair of Forma riding boots.
While I was reluctant to fork out the $250, I must say that I seldom find a pair of shoes or boots that feel so great right from the beginning.

Your feet/ankles are extremely important...... take care of them!

·
Biker
1,726 Posts
Been wearing work boots since my Dad hired me as a laborer for a construction company back in summer of 73, five inches above the ankle and insulated, Yup Herman's boots work good as riding boots too, could wear them all day long. The last pair I bought was when I bought the Snorty1200, Nov.22nd 2012, They last good since I put some Neatsfoot leather oil on them. Think I paid around 75 $$ at Wal-Marts.

·
Registered
5,618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I ordered a pair of TCX Metropolitans as they fit with my work attire. They'll be arriving this weekend. I wanted to get the Icon Super Duty 5 shoes too because they match my casual clothes but unfortunately they are pretty much out of stock everywhere.
I saw those as well. Please do a review on them after you have had them for a while

·
Registered
5,618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
for what it's worth..... after trying on many different riding boots, I just bought a pair of Forma riding boots.
While I was reluctant to fork out the $250, I must say that I seldom find a pair of shoes or boots that feel so great right from the beginning.

Your feet/ankles are extremely important...... take care of them!

I saw that brand as well. What model did you get?

·
Gone.
17,854 Posts
Well, because these are made for riding, thicker shifting pads, etc. From what I am told they LOOK like tennis shoes but are more like a boot.
Hey, if they'll do what you need them to do and you like them, go for it. But remember: You're at that age where you have to make sure you're adequately preparing for retirement and not just compulsively buying **** you don't need. :)

·
Registered
5,618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hey, if they'll do what you need them to do and you like them, go for it. But remember: You're at that age where you have to make sure you're adequately preparing for retirement and not just compulsively buying **** you don't need. :)
I hear you! I'm good. Our house is the only debt we carry. We cleared up a set amount of money for this so I have plenty for the bike and gear, and I won't use it all. The bonus is, the bonus!!! By not parking a car at the hospital, I get a $7.25 a day bonus...which works out to about $1000 a year (I work 3 days a week). In the long run, whatever I buy will be paid for.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I saw those as well. Please do a review on them after you have had them for a while
Received the TCX Metropolitans and they are going back tomorrow.

1- They are listed as "Dark Brown" when in actually, they are an ugly (IMO) oxblood red. Not my taste.
2- Laced them up and walked around the house a little. They are uncomfortable. They don't feel like they were shaped for a foot. Especially the high top part.

Immediately printed a return label and will be dropping it off at the post office tomorrow.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.