Motorcycle Forum banner

Riding on Oahu

3K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  MONI 
#1 ·
http://m.imgur.com/a/olSZ8

Took my brother in law's Legend and a rented Thruxton on an 6 hour ride around the island. I rode the Thruxton mostly. His legend made me feel more stretched out than any sportbike I've been on, due to his forward turned handlebar. The Thruxton on the other hand was super comfy. I feel like I could ride that as a daily bike. The mirrors are placed well, if not a little buzzy. The small bar end mirrors on his legend are next to useless. The Thruxton had a nice throaty exhaust from the aftermarket exhaust (I didn't get the brand name). My biggest complaint about how it rode was on/off throttle was a little jerky. Next to that, I'm used to more powerful brakes coming from a ZX6r. If it were mine I'd also have much better tires than the factory metzelers, as I felt the back slip a few times, and the front once in the wet.

All in all a great bike for the $9k it would cost new.

#4 ·
It was my first time to Hawaii, and I thought it was beautiful walking around or riding in his car. Then I saw it all from a bike, and it was magnificent.

Now if I can just get readjusted to the time change before Monday morning, vacations suck at the end.

#3 ·
I forgot to mention; the cost for a 10 hour rental was only $100. To keep it 24 hours was $150.

When I am ready to buy another bike, I am definitely going to find someplace within a few hours drive that will let me rent one if the dealer doesn't allow long test rides. I need a few hours to know if a bike suits me.

#7 ·
Great pics. The views have changed a bit, things are more built up, the roads appear to be the major change since I was there in the late 60's

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.