Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It is time to buy some new riding boots. So far I have had Milwaukee harness boots, currently I have some Durango harness boots, both have been very good boot but they are very heavy. I am usually in places where I can't change shoes so what I am asking is who has light weight riding boots. Been looking at the street rider style boots rather than cruiser riding style boots. Any have any suggestions?

·
So long
2,739 Posts
I wear Sidi Cobra boots and will soon buy a pair of SIDI Black Rain Boots ($250 at Revzilla).

Sidi makes a couple of good looking mid-height boot too that may fit your requirement for lighter weight. Try their Traffic Air boot ($150 at Revzilla). They're perfed to stay cool in the summer. But, they're not waterproof.

There's also a Sidi Traffic Rain boot ($161.25 at Revzilla).

·
The 43rd Poser
440 Posts
I wear Ariat boots almost exclusively.

I wear them 16+ hours a day while working, the steel toe variety, and have a pair of their harness boots for the bike, they all fit and feel the same when on.

I can put them on at 0400, ride and walk around a festival, rally, city or whatever all day, come home, put the bike on the lift, and stand on the garage floor till midnight working on the bike, and have zero issues.

Bad news is, last I looked, they don't make motorcycle boots any longer.

Good news is, their steel toe work boots are great on the bike too!

·
Registered
101 Posts
I have the Tourmaster Solution WP Air Boots and couldn't be happier with them. I don't find them heavy at all, they actually do allow air to flow through, and are waterproof (although I haven't tested out that feature yet, lol). They've been comfy from day one, absolutely love them.

·
Eating GSXRs, Sh***ing CBRs
1,895 Posts
I wear Justin and Laredo cowboy boots. They work great for me. I'd love to try actual riding boots to see the difference but I'm pretty satisfied with my current footwear.

·
American Legion Rider
23,542 Posts
The only thing wrong with cowboy boots is if you have a mishap, you will probably lose a boot. They love cutting them off of you. Been there! I'd still be wearing them but I can't get my foot in them anymore. Can't move the ankle in the right fashion to do it. I've now had a zipper added so that may change soon.

·
Registered
4,998 Posts
I wear Sidi Cobra boots and will soon buy a pair of SIDI Black Rain Boots ($250 at Revzilla).

Sidi makes a couple of good looking mid-height boot too that may fit your requirement for lighter weight. Try their Traffic Air boot ($150 at Revzilla). They're perfed to stay cool in the summer. But, they're not waterproof.

There's also a Sidi Traffic Rain boot ($161.25 at Revzilla).
Those look like good boots Oz. I just noticed a tear in the zipper on my Sedici boots. I am curious, how have you found them to fit? Are they true to size, small, big? I will be checking them out. How much time do you get out of a pair?

·
So long
2,739 Posts
Those look like good boots Oz. I just noticed a tear in the zipper on my Sedici boots. I am curious, how have you found them to fit? Are they true to size, small, big? I will be checking them out. How much time do you get out of a pair?
I tried lots of boots before buying the Sidi boots. They're fairly true to size or maybe just a bit roomier than my running shoes. I wear a US 11.5 (EUR 46) for both the Cobras and my running shoes. I like the extra room in the boots since I wear wool ski socks in them during the winter. They're a good year round boot and my feet don't overheat in them during the summer with light weight socks.

I've had this pair 3 years and I use them nearly every day. I expect to get another 3 years out of them before they'll need a resole. New Sidi soles are available from Revzilla for $20!! Any local cobbler can do the resoling.

·
Registered
4,998 Posts
I tried lots of boots before buying the Sidi boots. They're fairly true to size or maybe just a bit roomier than my running shoes. I wear a US 11.5 (EUR 46) for both the Cobras and my running shoes. I like the extra room in the boots since I wear wool ski socks in them during the winter. They're a good year round boot and my feet don't overheat in them during the summer with light weight socks.

I've had this pair 3 years and I use them nearly every day. I expect to get another 3 years out of them before they'll need a resole. New Sidi soles are available from Revzilla for $20!! Any local cobbler can do the resoling.
Wow! That is fantastic! I am going to give them a shot. Revzilla huh? I have heard of that site but never really looked into it

·
Registered
3,742 Posts
Revzilla is an excellent source for anything related to motorcycles. Their customer service is excellent and I go to their website first (I have also found their prices to be excellent as well). As to boots, in the summer I like to wear a shortie boot, or riding shoe both to stay cooler and if I need to be walking around and don't want the weight and look of a heavy boot. Right now I've been wearing the Icon Tarmac which were only $135 from Revzilla. They seem almost like an athletic shoe and are great for all day wear, but provide ankle and foot protection.

If you consider the Tarmac, know that they run a bit small. I wear a size 10-1/2 shoe, but needed an 11 in the Icon boot (this has been true for other Icon boots as well).

·
Left. No, the other left.
221 Posts
I wear a pair of TCX Urban Trend boots. I wore them to work for a few days to break them in, and they fit right in at the office. They're waterproof, have reinforced ankles and shifter protection on the top.
They're also ridiculously comfortable, on or off the bike.

·
Registered
4,998 Posts
Hey Oz, l went ahead and bought a pair of those Sid Air Traffic boots, since they were a closeout and a great deal. I am hoping they fit, since they are Euro sizes and l am kind of an in-between. I am sure l can send them back if they are too bid. Thanks again for the link :)

·
So long
2,739 Posts
Hey Oz, l went ahead and bought a pair of those Sid Air Traffic boots, since they were a closeout and a great deal. I am hoping they fit, since they are Euro sizes and l am kind of an in-between. I am sure l can send them back if they are too bid. Thanks again for the link :)
Good luck with them. I hope they feel as good as they look. Revzilla is easy to work with if you need to make a return.

·
Gone.
17,857 Posts
I like these: http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...0i6zJy0uJnH75YQCA&sig2=GoNXY-bUPsMg0MENigZoqQ

During my Service stint from 1966 thru 1970, Hi-tech had a pair of light weight combat type boot that were very light and durable. I've had several pairs in the past for street and dirt riding.

Sam:coffeescreen:
I used to get issued a new pair of Hi-Tech Magnums every 6 months whether I needed them or not, up until about 12 years ago. I still have one pair left for when I wear out the ones I have on now. Great boots for riding. :71baldboy:

·
Registered
886 Posts
I wear a pair of HI-TEC hiking boots that are leather and cover the ankle and have recently bought a pair of Under Armour eight inch hunting boots for cooler weather. Both were over a hundred dollars a pair and are comfortable for off the bike to. Neither one has the protection of the high dollar armored riding boots but do give some protection for abrasion.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts