Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any experience with Riders Share, as a renter or a lessor? What has your experience been like? Would you recommend it to others?

·
Visionary
3,633 Posts
Interesting idea.

No way I could see myself renting out any of my personal bikes, (i think it's geared more for people with small rental fleets anyway) but I see a lot on there that look like nice bikes for relatively cheap day rentals, I could see this as a good way to get some riding in when I'm on a trip someplace without my bike. The only question might be the condition of the bike?

I'd love to hear from someone who has tried it as well.

·
On The Road Again!
3,270 Posts
No way in hell I'd let anyone I didn't know ride my bike.

·
Moderator - Like a crazy cat lady but with bikes!
1,172 Posts
Looks like it's basically Turo, but for motorcycles. I dig it! I'd never offer my own bikes but I'd totally be a renter, if only so I could experience every bike imaginable.

Reactions: mike721

·
Premium Member
7,619 Posts
I have started talking about a reciprocal arrangement. Friend George has a cousin who lives in Castletown IOM. He is a Marshal for the TT races. Rides a Huyabusa and other bikes.
I have offered him a bike to ride, if he visits our Island. He has offered a place to stay on his Island, and a bike to ride.

UK

·
Registered
1 Posts
Interesting idea.

No way I could see myself renting out any of my personal bikes, (i think it's geared more for people with small rental fleets anyway) but I see a lot on there that look like nice bikes for relatively cheap day rentals, I could see this as a good way to get some riding in when I'm on a trip someplace without my bike. The only question might be the condition of the bike?

I'd love to hear from someone who has tried it as well.
I think it's definitely a viable business - it's available in every city in the US now with a ton of bikes. A lot cheaper than any competitors as well.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts