Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to the usual Tuesday night Vintage bike ride in at the Time Warp Tea Room in Knoxville,Tennessee last night :woohoo: . Sadly, very few folks actually rode their Vintage bikes, there was a good turn out, just mostly late model bikes. I did help my best friend get his '38 KnuckleHead Chopper there, I am still experiencing severe Knee problem., so I didnt ride myself.Then , I look and there are 3-4 guys from WISCONSIN!!..... riding their Vintage bikes showing up!! a KZ400, 2 Vintage Hondas one, a 2 carb Vintage Honda Similar to a Dream ( Sorry, cant remember what these were called) a Honda 350 from late 60's I think, point is these guys rode these bikes from Wisconsin, let me just say it was obvious that they didnt trailer the bikes in. And my hat is off to these guys from Wisconsin!
Glad you guys stopped by!
Ed Spangler aka TennesseeZ

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sounds like fun
Yep,Usually a pretty good turn out of Vintage Bikes, but last night maybe 6 or 8, everyone rode their late model bikes for some reason. I wish I had been able to ride, but hoping my knee will get starightened out so I can. Trying to get an appointment to see about it again.
Regards
Ed

·
Retired twice: Navy and as a govt contractor
14,359 Posts
Nice

·
Driftless Rider
1,540 Posts
See, we cheeseheads aren't all that bad are we:icon_cool:

I read somewhere recently that Wisconsin has the highest per capita bike registrations in the U.S. I'll have to see if I can find that source again and post it here..

·
8,606 Posts
Beautiful Chopper!

For those of you that like Motorcycle Eye Candy, you should go to the Sturgis Rally at least once! As you walk up and down main st, you will see absolutely every type of Harley and others, from the oldest to the newest, from stock to customized, that will take your breath away---if you love bikes!

Now, with digital camera's and cell phone camera's, you could take thousands of pictures with very little expense.

The first time I went, in 1992, I had a 35mm SLR, Nikon, film type camera and I took about 500+ pictures and having them developed was expensive.

I remember walking down Main St, with my friends and commenting that that particular Harley was the most beautiful I'd ever seen---to be eclipsed by hundreds that were even better.

If you are worried that Sturgis is to wild then you are wrong, especially if you go there in the day time like 90% of the Folks do. Stay in a neighboring city like we did, drive in for a few hours and then ride to all of the local sites, like Rushmore, Deadwood, the black hills etc and have fun!

I would go but riding across hundreds of miles of 100+ degrees doesn't interest me anymore. I guess I'm gettin' old:wink:

Sam:coffeescreen:

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Very, VERY nice!
Hi Eye! ,Yep! I think it took him 18-24 months to put it together ,get it running, Its the very first bike he did, so I am thinking 10-15 years ago?I am pretty sure there were parts pieces of 3 different bikes to begin with. I didnt take a pic of the other side of the "Knuck", If I had, you would have sen the Police Tank Shifter he had Mounted/Modified to work with the Hummer Tank and the Suicide Clutch . Dont think my old bones could stand a very long ride on it though!! That Hard Tail is rough on ya ,even with the few puny seat springs! LOL
You should see the ShovelHead he modified!!, If I can remember ,I will take some pics of it next time I am over at his house and giving him a hand.
Regards!!
Ed

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
See, we cheeseheads aren't all that bad are we:icon_cool:

I read somewhere recently that Wisconsin has the highest per capita bike registrations in the U.S. I'll have to see if I can find that source again and post it here..
These were some very nice guys, very friendly, I enjoyed talking with them about their bikes, takes guts to ride a 350-450 CC bike across country! No way in Hell would I do that at my age! These guys were probably 19-25 years old I would guess, Me?? I like my "Recliner on wheels" as the younger folks say! LOL I was sad that that particular night very few people had actually showed up and ridden their Vintage bikes, These guys had heard about the Tuesday night ride in somewhere and made a detour to stop by. when its really hot like it is here now ( actually the Humidity is what kicks our A**) A lot of the guys ( most are in their Late 60's quite a few in their late 70's and 80's!! Imagine an 87 year old guy kick starting a Vintage Triumph??!! I feel like a "Spring Chicken":!! LOL ) don't bring their bikes out, in addition, this time of year, lots of afternoon evening showers and these guys are very careful not to get their Vintage bikes wet........Me??, Nawww, I dont care about my Vintage bike but then again,I dont have tons of money/time in mine.
Best turn outs are usually spring and fall.
Regards all!
Ed

1 - 11 of 11 Posts