Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
American Legion Rider
23,610 Posts
Guess since I'm retired I'm forced to stay home and drink beer all day. OKAY! One of your better posts too bozo.:D

·
Registered
3,750 Posts
Beat me to it hogcowboy! Being retired I guess I'm not supposed to ride, but weather permitting I will ride anyway and make believe I am going to work. I've been retired now almost two years, and one of the best parts of being retired is being able to ride whenever I feel like it. I used to hate when I had to work on a beautiful riding day, then have it cold and rainy on the weekend.

If its anything like past "ride to work day" turnout, however, there probably won't be more than the usual amount of bikes out on the road. I guess most riders don't know or care to support Ride to Work day.

·
Registered
886 Posts
After a nearly twenty year hiatus from riding(off-road then) and getting a street bike six years ago I had never heard of Ride to Work Day before now. Since I was a plumber(semi-retired now) and had to carry tools to and from riding wouldn't have worked very well, but I support the sentiment in spirit. Ride forth and produce, type, repair or whatever you pretend to do for eight hours or more.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Well I'm not retired and I dont drink beer but I am setting on the patio with coffee in hand smoking a Boston butt to have with frinds tonight. Later today may gor for a ride.
Now top that day ��

·
American Legion Rider
23,610 Posts
Well I'm not retired and I dont drink beer but I am setting on the patio with coffee in hand smoking a Boston butt to have with frinds tonight. Later today may gor for a ride.
Now top that day ��
I hope it's not as painful as it sounds.:D

·
Shaper Of All Things Metal
2,799 Posts
Before I became self-employed, I rode my bike to work every day that road conditions were safe (no snow or ice). But now that my ride to work would be approx. fifty feet, walking is easier than getting the bike out. :biggrin:

·
Driftless Rider
1,540 Posts
I live less than 3 blocks from work, but maybe I should ride in Monday, just for laughs:p

·
American Legion Rider
23,610 Posts
I lived 1 1/2 miles from work at one time and every trip to work and home clocked over 20 miles for some weird reason. Rode every day. Wind therapy is good for the soul.

·
Shaper Of All Things Metal
2,799 Posts
Airplanes are point A to point B machines.

Motorcycles are point A to point B via C, D, E, F, and G machines. :icon_cool:

·
Registered
228 Posts
Airplanes are point A to point B machines.

Motorcycles are point A to point B via C, D, E, F, and G machines. :icon_cool:
yup your right bike are more fun but if I rode to the office every day i would get in trouble with Gma for bring the bike in the house. :71baldboy:

·
A legend in his own mind
2,600 Posts
High possibility of thunderstorms, so we'll see how it looks during travel times. A couple spots in my travel to work/home are prone to flooding if it rains hard, makes for an interesting ride. (learned how deep the hard way)
I arrived at home with a smile and laughing hard.

·
Retired twice: Navy and as a govt contractor
14,359 Posts
Looks like I will have to 'volunteer' to do something on Monday. Volunteering is like work right?

·
Driftless Rider
1,540 Posts
You could go around the block a few times so the bike at least gets warmed up. :p
If the weather is really nice, there is then a chance that I will not make the final turn to actually go to work...I might get lost.:biggrin:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts