Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
Your advice to steer well clear of trouble ... is well taken.
This is a GOOD time for MC riders to keep a low profile and avoid trouble.

BUT don't jump to conclusions about the news reports. Because 95% of what is being reported is dead wrong. Yes, the bikers down in TX started the brawl - no question about that. But there's good reasons to suspect that all 9 dead bikers were shot by the POLICE, not in the brawl. So don't jump to conclusions.

Stay out of trouble. Avoid places where a LOT of guys are wearing Club Colors. Pretty much common sense.

dT

·
6,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
"there's good reasons to suspect that all 9 dead bikers were shot by the POLICE, not in the brawl. So don't jump to conclusions."

And just for fun and giggles, why would you even postulate that???? I'm just interested why!

Sam:biggrin:

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
It's NOT a postulate.

According to initial reports, the fight started inside the restaurant. I agree that later reports say that the fight started in the parking lot. So really no-one know where it started (or why). BUT if there was a major brawl in the restaurant, there were NO reports of bodies on the floor of that restaurant.

There are several eye witness statements saying that there were multiple bodies in the parking lot. So it's quite possible that ALL of those casualties came from police officers firing at bikers as they left the restaurant. I am NOT putting blame on anybody. It's very possible that all the bikers who were shot had weapons, and some of them might have been shooting at the police. The police response might have been 100% according to policy. Very likely, the whole scene was chaos anyway. But there are reasons to think that police bullets killed most (maybe all) of the dead bikers.

dT

·
Shaper Of All Things Metal
2,802 Posts
The article notes that police asked the HD dealership to close for an indefinite period of time. Could get costly for them in lost business.

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
Yeah, might hurt some businesses for sure. My guess is that Law Enforcement is keeping an eye on all the freeways and highways ... to prevent any large MC club riding into that area. Other towns nearby are probably doing the same thing .... until this blows over. The incident WON'T be forgotten by the 1% clubs who were involved ... but life will return to normal for regular riders.

dT

·
6,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I guess if we weren't there that all that any of us have to go on is the media.

If the web page that HOG provided is credible and the cops did preemptively shoot and kill those guys then that is wrong!

Maybe Janet Reno raised her ugly visage one more time to direct a mass killing in WACO---who knows?

These patch riders aren't alter boys and I'm wondering what the idea was behind so many of them getting together at one place like they did.

The cops will do the CYA thing and the dopers will have to spend some of their drug income to buy some good ol' dishonest defense attorneys to lie for them so I guess we'll know more as the days pass.

Will Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson, Louis Faraken, Eric Holder or even Obummer raise heck about this? Doubt it.

Sam:coffeescreen:

·
Registered
518 Posts
I've not felt any heat for riding in the DFW. Still seeing lots of bikes.

Rumors abound. Some in the news. Some from Joe Schmoe.

Innocent. Twin peaks didn't know nothing about nothing. They were just playing host to their customer base, which just happened to include a good number of motorcycle riders who just happened to be 1%ers who just happened to get in a brawl at their place.

Most popular. TP knew good and well it was Banditos, Cossacks and Scimitars. They also knew Sunday was a pre arranged meeting to discuss business between the clubs. Namely, the Cossacks were wearing a Texas rocker and not paying dues to the Banditos. Things got heated. The fight got started. Waco PD had warned TP about this and asked them not to host the meeting. TP did it anyway.

Most dramatic. The TP franchise in Waco is owned by a Cossack. It's only partly a legit business. Part of it is to conduct various outlaw activities. The revenue from TP has allowed the Cossacks to grow and challenge the Banditos. They've also appealed to the Hells Angles for backing. The meeting was for the Cossacks to tell the Banditos how it was going to be. They didn't take too kindly to that. The fight started.

Sprinkle in the Scimitars where you like. Add two more clubs of your choosing.

Then, there's the story that someone in one club accidently ran over the foot of someone in another club, and the crowd goes wild.

And then, there's the story that the whole thing started over two dudes bumping into each other in the men's room.

Who the heck knows? I just ride a motorcycle.

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
Eye-M ... I agree. Until the dust settles, it's a pretty good bet that the cops will keep their fingers pretty close to the trigger. This is a GOOD time for everyone to stay cool, keep a low profile, and stay respectful.

I doubt that these CLUBS will forget this incident. There are too many guys dead. There will be retribution. This summer is a good time to AVOID being near those clubs ... Bandidos, Cossacks, Scimitars, and the HA. The HA were not directly involved, but they might be connected in some way.

dT

·
Registered
518 Posts
What I have seen this spring, for the first time ever, was Cossacks. Saw a few here and there in the DFW.

Mainly, we have Booze Fighters. They're an MC, but not known to be 1%. Some say they're a "corporate club" with legit business investments. I knew a guy who was a hang around for a bit. He was USMC, and word is a lot of BF are USMC and some Army. He said he didn't care for being treated like a boot again, and the club wasn't to his liking. He said adios and that was that.

Other than BFs, we see some BACA and some something horse. I dunno the full name. Black and silver colors. They were on a charity poker run once. Nothing bad happened. There are some Combat Veteran riders. The USMC club and some fireman club. Once, I saw a rattle snake patch. No idea who that was. Oh, and Third Tradition. They're like AA for bikers.

There's also quite a few "internet riding clubs". The VR and VOL (informal, unoffical Suzuki owners) have members who ride tighter. HOG, of course. "ADV riders" like to put ADV stickers on their DS bikes. TWT makes pie and BBQ runs.

It all seems pretty straight. Just folks riding bikes and going to the hang out spots.

·
The 43rd Poser
440 Posts
....I'm wondering what the idea was behind so many of them getting together at one place like they did....

Um... do some reading. Knowledge is power... you started this thread with assumptions, so I assumed you did your research.

I assumed wrong.

This was a SCHEDULED COC&I meeting.... the Confederation of Clubs & Independents.

It wasn't ALL 1% 3 Patch guys, there was also a large showing from the CMA, Blackett Arms MC, Gypsy MC, HonorBound Motorcycle Ministry, Renatus MC, Escondidos MC, Sons of the South MC, Los Pirados MC, Leathernecks MC, Vietnam Vets/Legacy Vets MC, In Country MC and the Tornado Motorcycle Club.

·
American Legion Rider
18,908 Posts
Porky said:
If the web page that HOG provided is credible and the cops did preemptively shoot and kill those guys then that is wrong!
That link was provided as information only to the question about how do these stories(rumors) get started. The internet is no better and sometimes even worse than the controlled regular news media. Info only. Every source has to be looked at under a suspicious eye.

·
Registered
518 Posts
The going story now is that this was a Confederation of Clubs and Independents meeting. These things go on, usually without incident. What actually started the fight, and who shot who is still up for rampant speculation.

·
6,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hey there Safetyman, I started this with just a link to a story, only knowing what I read. Nothing was mentioned about the "Why," of the meeting.

Don't condescend to me like I am naïve or something.

It seems to me counterproductive for a bunch of low life, scum A-holes, with violent tempers to be associating in any way.

Lighten up there Hiram, I thought you were dead anyway:biggrin:

I've been to lots of these type of rally's, over my 50+ years of riding, lots with the Blue Knights and the Choir boys, my LEO bud's as we went to some of the biggest ones in the US.

Thank you so much though for your concern about my Knowledge and power. I may have to reexamine my life, just for you;)

Sam:71baldboy:

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
I couldn't tell you the background on all the Clubs that were involved in the incident. Are some of the individuals "low lifes"? YEAH, no doubt. But not necessarily all of them! The meeting that happened at Twin Peaks was a REGULAR meeting for various independent Clubs. It wasn't a showdown. It wasn't supposed to go bad. HOWEVER, at least one 1% Club showed up at the meeting with NO invitation, and it looks like they were aiming to settle a score. Has there been Bad Blood between these clubs before (Bandidos, Cossacks)? YEAH, you bet.

The bottom line is that the whole meeting was a Powder Keg. With that many club members in a small space, when something goes wrong - it goes wrong in a major way.

The Police have said that they have warned Twin Peaks in Waco many times about the potential for trouble. WELL, TROUBLE FINALLY CAME KNOCKIN' ON THE DOOR.

and these comments are not firsthand knowledge ... I'm not down in TX. But this account seems to make the most sense, from some comments of bikers (who I have talked to) who were in the area.
dT

·
6,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I have been at the Laughlin River run many times and always stayed at Harrah's Hotel, the top of the line on the strip. The following made national news at the time and it happened with innocent people everywhere:

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=2&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CCUQFjAB&url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/River_Run_Riot&ei=wL5cVYOAAcvQtQXSmoGACQ&usg=AFQjCNHdDbduUUTANnDA6_C4b9xUe6bynQ&sig2=j1brm0Crxq08fEW40TMLjw

There were probably 400,000 people there for the event:

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=2&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CCUQFjAB&url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/River_Run_Riot&ei=wL5cVYOAAcvQtQXSmoGACQ&usg=AFQjCNHdDbduUUTANnDA6_C4b9xUe6bynQ&sig2=j1brm0Crxq08fEW40TMLjw

I report---you decide.

Sam:coffeescreen:

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
Another article on what happened at Waco. This story has a much better report about what caused the incident.

http://www.bikernews.net/index.cfm/art/The-Waco-Police-Massacre/d/news/p/read/newsid/42589

IF this story is true, and that's NOT CLEAR, then Waco PD had almost two dozen officers stationed outside Twin Peaks. And half of these people were from the SWAT Team ... heavily armed. ALSO, if this story is true, then the SWAT Team began firing at the bikers when one person drew a gun. A brawl was taking place, with knives and knuckledusters. But NO actual shooting amongst the bikers. According to this article, all nine dead bikers were killed by the police with automatic weapons.

Once again ... this is just one more story.
So take it for what it's worth.

1 - 20 of 93 Posts