Ipod / Earbuds
Camera
Sunglasses
Extra Layer
Keys to wherever I'm going

·
Registered
518 Posts
I don't even bring the bike! I just run down the street making motorcycle noises.

·
ZAMM Fanatic
2,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That's more then I take on a 2 week vacation in my auto. Are you pulling trailer?
I take those items without which a trip can become miserable.

I also take those that can make it memorable, like a good camera

Perhaps you only ride around the neighborhood on nice days Tobacco and have never hit snow at elevation in the middle of July.

Me think thou dost protest too much.

·
Nightfly
4,412 Posts
Whoa!! Exactly what did I protest Wade? if you're idea of a well planned trip is taking the kitchen sink, then have at it. Why should I care, I don't. It shouldn't matter where I ride, be it my yearly sojourn to Maine or, as you say, around the block, I plan each trip in pencil. If on my bike, I travel very lite, strap a few "essentials" on the rear seat and off I go. I prefer riding naked, no windshield, no uppers no lowers, no saddle bags, no gps no coffee holder no radio just me with the sound of my V-Twin.

Everyone is in a hurry today, each living their own world of instant communication, instant gratification, taking pictures in the thousands. I remember when each picture taken was thought out and planned a little, hell, we used film back in the day with maybe 36 shots in our 35 mm camera. Today it's endless with the results being mindless. I guess as an old head I don't need all the clutter that today's culture requires.

When riding requires a checklist, I'm out.

·
Registered
268 Posts
I guess the safety gear is a given

I like to take a camera as well. I have gotten some cool shots while on the bike.

I take a first aid kit, some water, gloves, Plexus and rags, Ipod, cell phone, and depending on how long the trip is I might take more. Season also dictates.

·
American Legion Rider
23,542 Posts
Some of the best trips I ever had were spur of the moment, drop everything and hit the road. Too much detail is a bummer. What the heck do you need that you can't get another down the road. Just go. Proof of insurance and a tank of fuel and I'm good to go. Says the guy with luggage up the ying yang.:D

·
Hero of Legend
1,208 Posts
Having taken off again missing half my @#$, here's my latest checklist:

Wallet
Cellphone & Charger
Bike Registration & Proof of Insurance
Earplugs
Rain Gear
Ipad / Laptop
Maps
Cargo net / Bungies
Shave Kit
Undies
T.P.
Sneakers
Tools / Compressor / Tire Repair
Winter Gloves
Ipod / Earbuds
Camera
Sunglasses
Extra Layer
Keys to wherever I'm going
You know, you could combine 3 of those things into one, if you got an iPhone, like I do. It's your phone, tablet, and music, all in one.

·
On The Road Again!
3,827 Posts
Always keep a $20 bill hidden somewhere in your bike.

·
Premium Member
8,911 Posts
List

Spectacles testicles watch wallet. I showed my dad, who had become a church man. He found it offensive.
Cracks me up.

Unkle Krusty*

·
Retired twice: Navy and as a govt contractor
14,301 Posts
Depends which bike I am on:

Harley - minimalistic
Yamaha - I keep packed with rain gear, several sets of gloves, extra glasses (sun), air pump (suspension) tools, tire patch kit, water, ear plugs. and on and on the list goes.

Funny thing is, I have used the rain suit twice, the air pump before I go anywhere, and I switch gloves depending on the temp.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts