Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To all the tech-savvy guys & gals on the form, here's a pickle:

How is this possible, and how do I fix it? I've called my cell provider twice, and both times they've proven that there is no issue with my phone.

The circumstances:

Phone #1 - My cell phone, Virgin Mobile
Phone #2 - My friend's phone, Verizon Wireless
Phone #3 - My home phone, Verizon Fios

Phone #1 can call Phone #2 & phone #3 with no problem.
Phone #2 can call Phone #3 with no problem
Phone #3 can call Phone #2 with no problem

Phone #2 gets a "all circuits are busy" message when calling Phone #1
Phone #3 gets a fast busy signal when calling Phone #1

In Addition, 2 different Virgin Mobile customer service reps called Phone #1 from their office and got through both times on the first try.

My friend's mother (AT&T wireless) called Phone #1 and got through on the first try.

My sister (Verizon Wireless) sent Phone #1 a text, and it came through immediately.

WTH IS GOING ON????? How do you begin troubleshooting something like this?

All guesses welcome, because I'm out of guesses.

·
Female Rider
9,324 Posts
A freaky thing happened to my phone a couple of weeks ago and my daughter showed me how to do a "hard reboot" of my phone and it works fine now. I have an IPhone 4S. to do the hard reboot I had to hold the button on top and the button on the front of the phone until it shut off. Not sure if this will help you, but I hope so.

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just finished a factory reset. Nothing changed. But....my mother called me from Florida right after I finished it. Ugh....this is unreal.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Depends on how close the sending/receiving towers are to the respective phones, bandwidth on the network at the time of the send, and what's included...(i.e. images take longer, videos even longer if even possible)

Another factor could be your phone plan...none are really unlimited despite what they claim. You usually get about 2GB of data/mo before they start to throttle you...

The exception to the throttling capacity are military and sometimes, corporate-paid devices...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts