Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
American Legion Rider
23,527 Posts
Get used to it Eye. There are a bunch of old farts about ready to switch rather than stop riding. The boom is about to happen. These tilting things will change just how many switch too bringing on more more than likely.

·
Troublemaker
2,517 Posts
Biking for geriatrics!

Hope they have backup alarms and a place to put the teeth so they don't blow out of their mouths. Won't need turn signals and they will be riding the brakes.

·
American Legion Rider
23,527 Posts
That's what I was thinking too Eye when I saw the first Piaggio.

·
Gone.
17,857 Posts
Get used to it Eye. There are a bunch of old farts about ready to switch rather than stop riding. The boom is about to happen. These tilting things will change just how many switch too bringing on more more than likely.
Trikes may be a good option for those who have actual physical disabilities and want to keep riding. I'll likely have to go that route in the future as well, but it's still a horrible thing to do to a motorcycle.

But the demographics for Harley's are really getting younger. I suspect that's also true for motorcycle's in general. So theoretically we should be seeing less trikes in the future. But hey, now the weak, the effeminate, and the scared have more choices to enable them to pretend to be Bikers.:biggrin:

·
American Legion Rider
23,527 Posts
You are right but there is going to be a spike in trikes as the baby boomers switch. I don't think it will last though. It's just going to be that one spike I think. Then back to the usual. Unless there's another spike of RUBS.:)

·
American Legion Rider
23,527 Posts
I thought Piaggio developed the locking suspension under 5mph. I don't think the HD version had that capability.
Well they had to make some kind of change or risk going to court with Harley don't cha see.:)

·
It hurts when I pee
1,058 Posts
The leaning trike will never offer the stability or safety that a Spyder can, anyway. If anyone that is in the market for a reverse trike would be foolish to spend this kind of money on a product that can't deliver even half what a Spyder can.

·
American Legion Rider
23,527 Posts
I sure wouldn't by one for several years. Not until others have proved they have all the bugs removed anyway. Kinda chicken that way.:D

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
The leaning trike will never offer the stability or safety that a Spyder can, anyway. If anyone that is in the market for a reverse trike would be foolish to spend this kind of money on a product that can't deliver even half what a Spyder can.
I'm guessing the new crop of leaning trikes won't require the electronic safety net cyber-nanny stability system that Bombardier NEEDED to install to cover their trikes inherit design flaws... when their trikes are being driven aggressively

So, you figure out which trike style has more natural stability before the E-bandaids are applied :wink:

·
It hurts when I pee
1,058 Posts
I'm guessing the new crop of leaning trikes won't require the electronic safety net cyber-nanny stability system that Bombardier NEEDED to install to cover their trikes inherit design flaws... when their trikes are being driven aggressively

So, you figure out which trike style has more natural stability before the E-bandaids are applied :wink:

Maybe if you understood the reason why the majority of people choose/need a trike, you would understand that trike riders could care less about leaning as a trade off for stability and safety.

If you are at the point where can't hold and maneuver a leaning two wheel bike, how the heck do you think they can handle and maneuver a lot heavier three wheel leaning bike ????:71baldboy:

No offense, but a Spyder would destroy most in the twisties..... So tell me again about design flaws ??????

·
Premium Member
8,910 Posts
More than two.

For folks that can not ride a motorcycle. A more sensible option IMO, would be to get a smaller lighter easier bike to ride. Or a scooter.

Unkle Krusty*

·
It hurts when I pee
1,058 Posts
For folks that can not ride a motorcycle. A more sensible option IMO, would be to get a smaller lighter easier bike to ride. Or a scooter.

Unkle Krusty*

Or get a motorcycle with Zero weight to the operator....... a Spyder !!!!!! It's a no brainer....... :biggrin:

·
Premium Member
8,910 Posts
No brainer.

Or get a motorcycle with Zero weight to the operator....... a Spyder !!!!!! It's a no brainer....... :biggrin:
No brainer is: anything that has more than two wheels, is for folks that can not ride a bike. There is no substitute.

Bombardier owns Rotax. They need to keep thinking of ways to sell more Rotax engines. Whether the item is practical would be secondary. Personally I think they should have kept making Can Am motorcycles. I sold quite a few of them.

Unkle Krusty*

1 - 20 of 32 Posts