Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
If in doubt...what?
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Being from Tallahassee Fl and having never made it past the line Grand Canyon-Ft. Collins, Co on my own bike (its always the time constraint), I will be in Seattle for a short trip and will be renting a bike there for one day only. I am looking for advice from knowledgeable riders for a one day riding loop. I have significant mountain riding experience, but no NW riding experiences. Therefore I am most interested in what I can see in the NW that is unique to the area and not in the Rockies, Ozarks, Smokies, or Adirondacks.

I was thinking ferry across to Whigbey Island up through Deception pass then either exit north and east heading out toward the Cascades or more favorably falling back south across the Pass again to Coupeville (for the 11:00 ferry) and ferry over to Port Townsend Taking 101 south through Olympia or perhaps through Bremerton to ferry back to seattle. Does that sound reasonable? The 11:00 ferry limitation is a bit of a worry. Likely will require me to waste time waiting on the ferry. My intention is to catch the 6:00 ferry to the island which should put me at the Coupville ferry well before 11:00, bummer. Any better suggestions? Any help appreciated. Skip Deception Pass altogether?

·
Registered
562 Posts
if you go to Olympia take the ferry to Bremerton and go that way. it is a much more scenic ride and there will likely be less traffic although there are less lanes.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts