Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
2005 Suzuki C90T
812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Made my spring break ride like I planned. About 550 miles so it was a long day. It was an incredible ride and I'm glad I got to make it. I rode across three large reseviors, Livingston, Sam Rayburn, and Toledo Bend. I rode through 4 national forests, Davy Crockett, Sam Houston, Angelina, and Sabine. Crossing into Louisiana and my 4th state for me and the bike to travel together. Texas, of course, New Mexico, and Oklahoma. Hope to add Arkansas by the end of the summer. Found and stopped at a crazy named town, Goober Hill. A town like that, you have to stop. The roads going in and out got sketchy but taking it easy got me through it. Just outside of Sabine Tx, I saw at first, what I thought was a buzzard sitting on the side of the road. I always pay attention to this because they can fly away slow and low when you get close, so you have to be ready. As soon as I got right on it, it looked different. It turned out to be an Eagle. It hopped up and flew right in front of me then landed on a limb just to my right and we looked at each other as we passed. It's on a video on the bike dash cam that I'm still looking for. I knew storms were coming around 7 or 8 pm, so I was making sure i was going to be back before that time. At 630, I stopped for fuel in Huntsville, and almost decided to take a burger break when one large rain drop hit the windshield, so I decided nope, time to roll. As I got closer to home, I could see two large storms with a small clear sky between them, over my house. I rolled into the shop and 10 minutes after closing the door, the storms joined forces and covered the yard white with hail. I have more pics on a small digital camera i carry that I haven't sorted through yet.

What I went to see was this.....

Map World Atlas Parallel Font

· Registered
2005 Suzuki C90T
812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'll try to remember that. Where about are you. My interest is going to new Boston TX, where i have some relatives, then on into Benton where I used to live. as a kid.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.