Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm pre-emptively replacing the front brake pads (they've started squealing) and I've gone ahead and pulled the caliper off (leaving it attached to the brake line since the brake fluid was recently replaced). However, my 2010 Blast seems to be a bit weird. I can't actually pull the caliper away from the wheel without removing the pads...

Which means I would have to mount the caliper back to the wheel before putting the new pads on! That seems like it is more difficult than necessary, as I'll have to balance the mounting spring and everything back on the wheel while sliding the pin back in.

Also, when I put it all back together off of the wheel so I know where everything goes, the pads are very loose... did I miss a part somewhere that springs them back apart?

·
Member Map
23,909 Posts
The pads should tighten up against the rotor by applying the brakes a few times.

I'm not sure on that model, but most brake pads can be installed without having the caliper bolted to the bike. There is usually a spring plate to keep the pads tight against the retaining pins. That has to be in the correct position for everything to line up correctly.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts