Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am purchasing a Honda Shadow 750 that the previous owner has removed the baffles from the exhaust to make a louder bike. He is giving them to me with the sale and I want to put them back in the mufflers, which seem to be an easy enough task. My Question: When I reinstall the baffles, will that effect the engine tune, or how it runs and responds?

I appreciate any and all input.

J

·
American Legion Rider Staff Administrator
27,440 Posts
There's a good chance it will run better unless he also added a fuel controller or changed jets if it's a carb bike. Chances are good he did neither.

·
Visionary
5,741 Posts
Ditto what they said, I'll bet you dollars to doughnuts that he never tuned it and it's running lean, and will be greatly improved by puitting them back.
If we are wrong and it was properly tuned , it may run a bit poorly and need to be re-tuned, but it won't hurt it a bit to give it a try.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
just get new mufflers. the old ones are probably starting to rust from the condensation in them. baffles are usually made of stainless, and they collect and evaporate most of the steam that the engine pumps out. without them, the pipe fills with steam, and the cheap tube rusts from the inside out. make sure you position them correctly in the exhaust flow.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.