Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello fellow riders,

I recently purchased a 1982 Honda 900C. She is great and I love everything about her; specially her quirks. She has a few issues and I have been trying to work through them with the shop manual that it came with. Great resource for schematics and part #s but not so great for a do-it-yourselfer with limited mechanical skills.

I was wondering if anyone would have a lead on a repair manual for this vintage bike, like a Clymers or something similar.

Thanks in advance for your help!

·
Registered
809 Posts
I don't have any resources for you - sorry - but I just wanted to say what a beautiful bike the '82 Honda 900C is! I used to want one SO BAD when they were new! Couldn't afford one... so I got a CM400T instead.

What color is yours?

Hello fellow riders,

I recently purchased a 1982 Honda 900C. She is great and I love everything about her; specially her quirks. She has a few issues and I have been trying to work through them with the shop manual that it came with. Great resource for schematics and part #s but not so great for a do-it-yourselfer with limited mechanical skills.

I was wondering if anyone would have a lead on a repair manual for this vintage bike, like a Clymers or something similar.

Thanks in advance for your help!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Still the original 2 tone burgundy/wine colour. Can't wait to post pictures of her. She is in mint condition for her age.

Thanks for the interest

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for that. I had already researched that option. Just crossing all my "t"s and dotting all my "i"s before pulling the trigger.

Cheers:)

·
Premium Member
8,938 Posts
Manual

The manuals from the manufacturer, and the Clymer manuals are different than the true shop manuals that the dealer uses. Chances of getting a true shop manual are about zero. So we have to put up with insufficient info.

For my XS11 Yamaha there is no mention of the middle gear drive in the Yamaha manual.
I have a Yanmar and a Clymer manual for my boat motor. Zero mention of how to adjust the fuel pump stop at WOT other than this gem. The fuel pump is adjusted at the factory, messing with it will void the warranty. Brilliant piece of info to have for a 1995 engine. Also getting the front timing cover off was as you suggested, it makes a lot of assumptions.
However the diesel shop did have access to an original shop manual and emailed me the page I needed.

If you can find a Honda shop that was in business in 1982 they may have some original shop manuals.

There is an excellent XS11 site which helps me with the tough parts. Might be a CB900 group.

Unkle Crusty*

1 - 6 of 6 Posts