Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to remove my baffle in a MAC 4 into 1 exhaust for my 81 Suzuki GS550t anyways i removed the rivet and took vice grips to it and have determined it is impossible any ideas i definitly want to remove it now because its a little bent

·
Banned
1,327 Posts
I'm trying to remove my baffle in a MAC 4 into 1 exhaust for my 81 Suzuki GS550t
Trust me, you do NOT want to completely remove the baffles.....especially if it is a mega-phone (cone) type of muffler. It will be "break your eardrums" loud if you do.

Hopefully someone with experience with that model will be able to help out.
Drilling extra holes in the backplate is sometimes effective at "improving" the sound without going overboard.

·
Registered
419 Posts
i have a MAC 4-1 on my GS850, you need to tap the baffle out or like Tommy Tutone use a slide hammer. having said that, i would take the baffle with you for a test ride because that scream will get old about 3 miles down the road.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Had an old 550 honda back in the 80's with a kerker 4-into one I pulled the baffle for about a week then put it back ,drilled a few 3/8' holes in it because of the noise. you could hear me a mile away. I'm gettin old and care for that anymore.

·
Registered
45 Posts
If you really must remove it (but from what I am hearing that is not a good idea) grab it with the vice grip tie strong rope or something to it then to something solid. Grab said header tight and yank. Good luck!

·
Registered
74 Posts
Removing the baffle is a good idea if you're really jonesin' for a ticket for loud pipes. My baffle is easily removed and the only time I pull it out now is just to get back my neighbors. I do love the sound with it out but not for any kind of a long ride. I predict that if you get yours out you'll be replacing it before too long.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts