Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently purchased a 250 cc (stop laughing...) 2011 Honda CBR250R with about 18k mi. on it. Good bike except the low power requires frequent shifting and neutral is notoriously hard to find at times. Still, it's a Honda. Solidly built, low maint. Anyway, it strikes me I may have reason to tow the bike to and from the shop or someplace else. I have a smaller garage with the usual stuff in it: garbage cans, some boxes, etc. I keep my 2013 Chevy Cruze in there along with my bike. So I lack room for a trailer in the classic sense and further, need a tow attachment bar added to my Cruze to use it to transport the bike.

I looked several places for simple tow attachments to hitches.

Where I have found reviews, they are not generally glowing and in other models I have found no reviews. For trailer bar hitches for my car though, I have found a good one. I'd post a link but the system doesn't allow me to because I am a newbie to the site.

I'd have the car hitch installed. Anyway, I am wondering if anyone has any recommendations for someone in my boat? This cannot be the first time this issue's come up!

Thanks in advance.

·
Moderator - Loves All Motorcycles
1,256 Posts
Back in 2014 I had U-Haul install a Curt hitch on the back of my smart fortwo. I originally did it because I wanted to buy a vintage fiberglass camper to tow with it. That dream hasn't yet happened but I still get plenty of use out of it!

Any time I need to haul my bike collection around I give them $14 and tow away I go! Here is the day I had to fetch a broken bike from my girlfriend's place. One of my blog followers spotted the car and sent me this:

Or when I moved in to my condo!

U-Haul should have a hitch for your car and if so, they'll also install it and add wiring for a small-ish fee on top of the hitch.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts