Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi semi-New Rider here, I Decided to clean my carbs when i took the carbs off i had to take off the airbox too, Well... my air box is not going to work again do to a fairly large whole so I decided to put air filters on instead.

Here's the problem...

With New air Filters i have to rejet and with how old the bike is they dont make a kit. so im all trial and error. thing is i dont know what im looking for for good or bad so im not sure how to know when to settle or try again. also there is a tube that came off my engine to my airbox im told it was for an oilmist that comes off the pistons and runs into the carbs so it basically gets burned idk how accurate this is but i need to know what to do with it know.

So the bottom line is if you have done this before please tell me the right size jets to use or at least a good suggestion.

any HELP is appreciated thanks

·
Banned
1,327 Posts
So the bottom line is if you have done this before please tell me the right size jets to use or at least a good suggestion.
Haven't done it on that particular model......but I would NEVER do it again.....on any stock bike.

You will be time and money ahead and have fewer headaches and more riding time IF you can find a used airbox and put it back stock. Honestly.

IMHO.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well i just got back from the shop they told me that the filters im putting on well drasticly change my air intake so i deffinitly need new jets.

With my particular bike its all trial and error my current main jet is 92.7 they suggested a 100 ill post how that works when i get it in carbs are soaking right now

1 - 3 of 3 Posts