Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First, I'm happy with the Super Glide Custom. But, ever since I saw a photo of this bike in the two tone scorched orange, I've been thinking about it a lot. So I decided to go down to one of the three local Harley dealers to take a look in person. I called first and spoke to the internet sales guy and they didn't have one in the scorched orange, so he checked the other two dealers and a no go. So he did a state wide search and no one in the state had one for sale. The three local dealers all had the same color in stock, River Rock Grey Denim. I don't care for the Denim paint. I wonder what the heck is going on, its a 2020 model and its already February, they should be plentiful.

Reactions: Retired Guy

·
SUPER MODERATOR
9,140 Posts
That is a beautiful bike and I love that Orange paint. I don't care for 'matt' surfaces or 'flat dull finishes' at all.
Harley absolutely does the best paint in the industry in my opinion.

I really like the 2019 and 20 'Fatboy.' WOW. However, I don't care for the 'soft tail' frame or geometry. I like the Electra Glide/ Road King setup. They are also RUBBER MOUNT which makes them as smooth, just off idle speeds as my past Goldwings.

Single front disk brakes on a Harley are useless:(

Sam

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
I looked at a new Sport Glide just yesterday. Liked it a lot, but I still like my Super Glide, so I won't be doing any trading soon. Those hard saddle bags are big enough to actually pack some **** for a trip and with the flip of a lever, they come right off. So any maintenance to the rear wheel is easy to get too.

I didn't care much for the dark gray color which is probably good for me. If it had been in that orange color, the temptation to trade would have been much more. And that 107 engine has a lot more power than the engine on my Super Glide. (I got to ride my son's new Low Rider which has the same engine as the Sport Glide).

·
SUPER MODERATOR
9,140 Posts
I'm trying to make up my mind between the Electra Glide std and the Street Glide and I'm having a Beeachh of a time doing so!

The 107 is a dream engine, with it's 6 speed trans, 4 valve heads and extreme smoothness! The torque was amazing too. It didn't shake at idle and was as smooth as my past Goldwing at cruise/ Interstate speeds.

The EG rode a lot smoother because of the FATTER tires. The SG has larger diameter and smaller cross section tires and felt harsher to me in the city. I liked it's white gauge cluster and stereo system though, which the EG lacks.

I have at least a couple of potential buyers trying to make up their minds about purchasing my Indian Scout but now with this CHINESE virus and a tanking economy, who knows????

Sam

·
American Legion Rider
25,978 Posts
If you prefer the Electra Glide but like the ride of the Street Glide just put a tour pak on the SG and you got your hot rod EG. My question would be which frame is longer. The EG used to have the shorter frame/wheelbase which allowed it to make much quicker and smaller turns but the longer wheelbase had a better ride. But I’m talking back around 09 when there was a major frame change. I have no idea where they are today. Have you got to test ride the Indian Challenger yet? I’m stay clear of that thing because I’m pretty sure I’d want one but no way am I giving up what I currently have so no need to irritate myself.

·
SUPER MODERATOR
9,140 Posts
Larry, the Challenger is supposed to be fantastic but it just looks like a Victory Polaris to me, in other words BLAND, whereas, your bike Looks the part of a Classic, which I like more.

Sam:)

·
American Legion Rider
25,978 Posts
Larry, the Challenger is supposed to be fantastic but it just looks like a Victory Polaris to me, in other words BLAND, whereas, your bike Looks the part of a Classic, which I like more.

Sam:)
Well, I was more wonder if you got to take a test ride and was having trouble to not go that route but sounds like you didn't even give it a chance. That's fine but I'm honestly wondering if it is as good as I keep reading about. I won't risk it myself. I made that mistake once already. Glad I did, but I did.

Reactions: Porky
1 - 7 of 7 Posts