Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello I am not new to riding motorcycles but have never experienced something like this in first gear when I am letting the clutch out to take off my motorcycle jumps and grinds but if I am just riding in second and go to first it runs just fine in first until I get the clutch involved what could this be any help would be appreciated by the way I have a 1997 suzuki gsxr750 and I thank it is the clutch but like what parts inside would I be looking to buy

·
Aging & Worn
4,516 Posts
Not all that long ago, I was messing with my clutch cable, where it is attached to my handlebars. I found that if I had it adjusted too far one way, I had no clutch response; too far the other way and well.........you get the idea.

Let's start with that.......is your cable set correctly?

-Soupy

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well I thank so it seems to do fine in the other gears because I take off in second witch does make a little sound some times like a little click noise very quit

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I did have to put a new one on when I first got it because the guy before me had almost snapped the last one from having it so tight

·
Gone
23,907 Posts
I'm not sure what is meant by "jump and grind". Grinding noise is a sign that something is seriously failing in the drive train.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
jerk felling and a noisy gear grinding sound like you will die 90 percent of the time but I mean a felling like if you was to take you bike and make it go and stop as fast as you could over and over with a little grinding sound almost as if lunging forward like in gear then out of gear "jumping and grinding "

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah it does I was just wondering because with the clutch out of the mix I can ride in first all day no noise at all that is what leads me to thank the clutch but I just did not want to get taken to school when I went to the shop if you know what i mean

1 - 8 of 8 Posts