Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Visionary
2,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This should be so much fun, I stumbled across an identical except for color bike to my first bike and I couldn’t resist adding it to my garage.

1978 Honda CB400t Hawk II. They only came in two colors, red and blue, so it was a 50/50 shot.

It starts off the kickstarter , charges, runs and rides. It has a few rough spots but considering its 42 years old really doesn’t look that bad, a little TLC should have it looking much better too. It’s been on the road and used occasionally all these years, the guy I bought it from got it from his dad who bought it from the second owner in 2003.

The kicker is that at 12k I think it has less miles on it than the one I owned back around 1988 :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
375 Posts
I'd say it looks in dam nice shape for the year. Fun little bike and low miles to. Congrats!

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

·
American Legion Rider
18,926 Posts
Yours is 2 years older than my second bike. A 1980 CB400 Hawk. So no kicker on mine. Good find Mike. (y) (y) (y)

·
Retired twice: Navy and as a govt contractor
11,623 Posts
But it is so tiny.............you could carry it on the back of the vision as a spare :)

Nice find

·
Visionary
2,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yours is 2 years older than my second bike. A 1980 CB400 Hawk. So no kicker on mine. Good find Mike. (y) (y) (y)
I’m glad this has the kickstart.
I don’t know if the electric start works or not, he told me it works sometimes but not today :). Funny thing is that my original was the same way.

It’s kind of fun kicking it over anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
895 Posts
That does bring back memories, I haven't kick started a bike in decades. Definitely a nice find. Watch out for rust in the tank, them old Honda's are known for it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts