Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
"Young Grasshopper"
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys I would just like to start a rant concerning café racers and such. ive always thought that a motorcycle is looking its best in a restored original form and also that there arnt enough vintage motorcycles in this world to go chopping them up.

Your thoughts?

·
Premium Member
7,353 Posts
Cafe bikes

It has been happening for a long time. You will not change it.
Best to not allow it to upset your thought patterns. Beer helps. You can get Fosters in the green can in the US. Try that.

Unkle Crusty. 1974 WMRRA Cafe Racer season high point number !. Open GP two.

·
"Young Grasshopper"
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
It has been happening for a long time. You will not change it.
Best to not allow it to upset your thought patterns. Beer helps. You can get Fosters in the green can in the US. Try that.

Unkle Crusty. 1974 WMRRA Cafe Racer season high point number !. Open GP two.
hahaha im 14, but seriously it bugs me.

any one else?

·
Save them all!
4,278 Posts
Some bikes are good candidates for restorations, some are not.

Either way, what business is it of mine what you do with your bike.

And I agree with Dash - motorcycles are a canvas!

·
Eating GSXRs, Sh***ing CBRs
1,895 Posts
Hi guys I would just like to start a rant concerning café racers and such. ive always thought that a motorcycle is looking its best in a restored original form and also that there arnt enough vintage motorcycles in this world to go chopping them up.

Your thoughts?
You worry about what you do with your bikes and let me worry about what I do with mine. There is nothing that I hate more than someone telling me what I should and shouldn't like.

-Also, My '84 is "chopped". A stock XV1000 is a fairly ugly motorcycle, IMO. It appeals to ME in its current form.

·
Female Rider
9,324 Posts
Wow guys, ease up on the kid!!! He's trying to restore a vintage bike right now and is being guided by GraceShredder. He's only 14 and it looks like he's got his head on pretty straight for that age. He just voiced his opinion and asked what others thought.

I agree with Cmonstart in that some bikes are too far gone to restore fully so to cafe or bob them is a good way to go. But, there are some that are just too prime to chop up. That being said, yes, it is the owners bike to do with as they wish and what I think or would like to see done doesn't count for much.

I also agree with Dash that most bikes need some artistic touches from the owner to make them how they want them. Most however don't go to that extreme.

Apprentice, I too like to see some of those oldies brought back to their original beauty! I'm one of GraceShredder's biggest fans and am just amazed at what he can do. You keep learning from him and then try to save as many of those vintage bikes as you can.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
I'm like SA in a way. Anytime I see an late 60/early 70's style Camaro in a smash up derby contest, I just want to cry my eyes out. Just hand that baby over to me, I'll give her a good home!! I've since stopped watching those types of shows, cause I can't stand seeing my dream car smashed to pieces..... A 68 Camaro is my dream car, if I can ever get my hands on one, I'll be the happiest girl in the world, doesn't even have to have a motor, I've got a 327 to put in her....though a 454 with 4 on the floor would be best...

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
There's a guy in Lexington, lives across the street from a friend, has 2 camaros, don't know the years but they are before they started making them look like a TransAm........1 of them is for sale

Don't know, but I'd guess he wants big $$$.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
$$$$$ the reason why I don't have my dream car....ones that are worth restoring, they want big bucks for them. But, if I ever win the lotto.....this girl will have her camaro.....I don't like the new retro style....

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
An episode of the show 'Cafe Racer' featured a build of a late 70's Suzuki GS750. The bike they chose was a great looking, complete, original example. I'm with the OP when it comes to bikes (and autos) like that. There are too few truly fine original examples left about to sacrifice one of that type.
Ir a radical alteration is in the works, why not start with a foundation that actually needs that kind of attention?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts