Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New Motovlog: Not exactly a riding vlog, but a DIY for those interested in upgrading how cameras are attached to
their bikes.

I demonstrate how to build a ram mount extension arm starting with priming and gluing the PVC head mounts. Doing it right the first time will save time and money and will ensure your cameras and equipment will be securely mounted to your bike. Special appearance by Dottie the Intern who helps me deal with stubborn twist caps and long glue times.

Likes, comments and subscriptions are always appreciated.

Thanks,

- Wolf

·
On The Road Again!
4,207 Posts
Nice. I will have to make one of those myself.
But....uhh....Where is part 2?

·
On The Road Again!
4,207 Posts
Congrats!!
These days, some marriages don't last as long as the wedding did.

·
On The Road Again!
4,207 Posts
That's good! Coming up on 31 myself.
And she has no problem with my bikes.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That's good! Coming up on 31 myself.
And she has no problem with my bikes.
Thank you! This will be our 26th, but our 25th was curtailed last year due COVID and sheltering in place. We're going to try and celebrate both of them this time around.

- Wolf

·
On The Road Again!
4,207 Posts
Hey Wolf, two questions on your extension mount.
1. Do those ends swivel?
2. What is the inside diameter of the fittings? (or what is the outside diameter of the pipe?)
From what I've seen on the RAM website, it looks like they made those things an odd size so they only work with their own PVC pipe. I've got plenty of pieces of PVC laying around. All I "should" need would be the ends.
Thanks, Wolf.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi,

The ends I attached don’t swivel as they are caps that a B and C size socket arm can attach to. This link shows a better idea of what I mean.

Once the socket arms are attached they can connect to a ball mount that will the allow them to swivel. I have a ball mount attached to the brake reservoir on my bike. The extension arm is attached to that, and then I attach an action or 360 degree camera to the other end of the arm. The second pic on the linked website gives a better idea of what I mean.

I’ll see if I can find the diameter of the pipe I’m using because, yes, you should be able to create an extension arm of your own desired length. However, the longer the arm the less weight it can hold, as the socket arm is only plastic and its grip on the ball mount can slip when too much weight and torque is affixed to it.

- Wolf

1 - 9 of 9 Posts