Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
American Legion Rider
23,769 Posts
I really question the less lateral flex claim. Seems it might increase it to me but what do I know.

·
American Legion Rider
23,769 Posts
Those upside down forks have always looked odd to me. What's the advantage if there is any?

·
American Legion Rider
23,769 Posts
It's easier to tell when your fork seals need replacing?
Yeah I guess! No going two weeks wiping a little oil off wondering where it's coming from until the light bulb goes on. DUH!:coffeescreen:

·
Troublemaker
2,517 Posts
The brakes are only as good as the tires. If the brakes will lock up the tires, they are working at 100%. You're better off getting tires that will stick and it's a lot cheaper too. If you have anti-stop-lock brakes, it doesn't matter how they are stuck on the forks.

·
Premium Member
8,991 Posts
Fork it.

Up side down forks have less un sprung weight.
Most of the two disc front brake systems, have enough power to lock the front wheel, so how they are bolted on is not so critical.
If a single disc is used, moving it further out to the rim will increase its power.
Wade, that Ducati has the motor in sideways, like Moto Guzzi.

Unkle Krusty*

·
American Legion Rider
23,769 Posts
Up side down forks have less un sprung weight.
Most of the two disc front brake systems, have enough power to lock the front wheel, so how they are bolted on is not so critical.
If a single disc is used, moving it further out to the rim will increase its power.
Wade, that Ducati has the motor in sideways, like Moto Guzzi.

Unkle Krusty*
Power or function? Would seem it would be the same power but the actual end result would possibly improve so function.:p Maybe?:confused:

·
Premium Member
8,991 Posts
Grab this.

The grip of the caliper would be the same. But it is easier to slow a wheel, the further from the center it goes. That should also help with the feel on the lever, as not as much force is required.
For highway riding, forks the right way up work fine. IMO. I prefer them that way. Less likely to have a rock or something hit and damage the fork.
Easier to bolt things on.

Unkle Krusty*

1 - 13 of 13 Posts