Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i always see videos of people in there little biker groups just running from the cops and **** how do they not get there licence plates dracked and ****

·
ZAMM Fanatic
2,732 Posts
I found out when I started calling in aggressive drivers that if I can't IDENTIFY them.... sex, height/weight, race..... they won't ticket 'em, only give 'em a warning IF they pull 'em over.

So my guess is....guy claims he lent his motorcycle to his buddy that day and cop really can't prove otherwise. Pretty hard to ID someone in a helmet, shield down or sunglasses.

That's my GUESS...

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
I suggest you take your BRC, get your license and a good starter bike and learn how to ride safely...and about 10 years from now, when you have a solid 100,000 miles under your belt, you will be qualified to go find out :)

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
Over here it's the vehicle that is ticketed, eg a speed camera will produce a photo of a vehicle and it's rego plate and the registered owner of that vehicle will be issued with the fine.

The owner can then identify the person driving/riding at the time of the incident or pay the fine and lose the demerit points themselves. If it's a company registered vehicle, then the fine is set at ten (10) times the level as an incentive for the company to pass along the driver's details.

When we take out a company vehicle we have to make a log book entry of who is driving and from when to when. That way, the usual driver can say, "Its not me, I wasn't driving at that time!"

Mind, Australia has the same sort of state system as the U.S.A. If I drive over the speed limit in New South Wales and get a ticket, because I am a resident in Queensland and have a Queensland license, I can get away with not paying it and any demerit points can't be lodged against my Queensland license. Won't be able to be picked up again in New South Wales though as I'd have outstanding fines down there.

·
Member Map
23,911 Posts
Mind, Australia has the same sort of state system as the U.S.A. If I drive over the speed limit in New South Wales and get a ticket, because I am a resident in Queensland and have a Queensland license, I can get away with not paying it and any demerit points can't be lodged against my Queensland license. Won't be able to be picked up again in New South Wales though as I'd have outstanding fines down there.
Fines in other states here can cause suspensions of your license if not paid.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts