Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have an XL1200R EFI 2008 and i dont have the money for a high flow or remap yet, i get my bike back next week. i cant afford cuz i got in an accident, long story short, the SOB doesnt got insurance, any ways,
whats the worst that could happen and how long would i able to ride without a high flow or a re map done
i have some slip on Drag pipes by cycle shack.
and besides sound difference how will having the baffles in or out of teh pipes affect my bike's engine/ performance without high flow or re map?

thanks

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
welcome to the foram metalliman545 ,that bad when you get in a bad deal like that ,i carry uninsured motorist myself ,whats going on with pipes and mapping is your bike efi ,things can get a little touchy with diffrent pipes the slip ons should keep you in the ball park as far as performance,we have a great motorcycle repair forum in here and drop in the new member forum and tell us a little about you good luck..branch

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
First off...WELCOME TO THE FORUM!

Secondly...sorry about your accident.
Considering yours is an '08, seems you didn't have much time to enjoy your baby before some uninsured fool got the best of you.
Oh well, sorry again.

Now to your questions:
If you have the stock air-cleaner, running without a re-map or fuel management system should be fine with only your slip-ons. Now, if you also upgrade your air-cleaner, a remap or fuel management system is a MUST.

I don't recommend running those slip-ons without baffles if your still running the factory setting on your EFI.
It would be pushing your luck a little beyond the comfort zone IMHO.

For now, I suggest, if you are going to add the new slip-ons, keep the baffles in and enjoy.

If you're going to upgrade the a/c...get your EFI taken care of.
Likewise, if/when you're ready for the EFI (re-map or fuel mgmt system) then do it right and spend the extra few bucks for an a/c upgrade.

Ride safe.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
First off...WELCOME TO THE FORUM!

Secondly...sorry about your accident.
Considering yours is an '08, seems you didn't have much time to enjoy your baby before some uninsured fool got the best of you.
Oh well, sorry again.

Now to your questions:
If you have the stock air-cleaner, running without a re-map or fuel management system should be fine with only your slip-ons. Now, if you also upgrade your air-cleaner, a remap or fuel management system is a MUST.

I don't recommend running those slip-ons without baffles if your still running the factory setting on your EFI.
It would be pushing your luck a little beyond the comfort zone IMHO.

For now, I suggest, if you are going to add the new slip-ons, keep the baffles in and enjoy.

If you're going to upgrade the a/c...get your EFI taken care of.
Likewise, if/when you're ready for the EFI (re-map or fuel mgmt system) then do it right and spend the extra few bucks for an a/c upgrade.

Ride safe.
yeah i rode for a month, at least i got 500 miles in, i cant wait to get back on. considering i only rode to school and for only about an hour after every day lol. but i got a few other responses from other forums saying i should be ok. id still like some more opinions. i saw a vid and didnt realize how loud those pipes are with baffles in and i was like wooooooow, so i hurried up and put them back inside last night ahah, stayed up till 2 am. cant waitto get my baby back, should be within th next 4 days, my dads gunna help me pay my 900$ deductable.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Get your self a set of these " anti-reversion or torque cones"

I don't have enough posts to leave a hype link but I'll leave this and you can find it
badweatherbikers.com/buell/messages/3842/16474.html
There's a few threads about them and some riders reviewing them.
Auto part Wheel Rim Metal Automotive wheel system

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.