Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Nightfly
4,603 Posts
Hell of a bike. Hope you don't have to wait too long. 208 hp from the factory and 220 with the Akrapociv exhaust. Wow. I didn't look at the price but I'm sure it isn't cheap..

·
On The Road Again!
4,207 Posts
Oh boy! THAT ought to attract some cops!!!
It probably cost more than I paid for my house though.
I'll stick with the one you see in the picture below.
That goes more than fast enough for me.

·
Visionary
5,279 Posts
That’s an epic looking machine, and over 200hp, I have a feeling it can keep up with the flow of traffic :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hell of a bike. Hope you don't have to wait too long. 208 hp from the factory and 220 with the Akrapociv exhaust. Wow. I didn't look at the price but I'm sure it isn't cheap..
I won't see it until May, sadly! It's so much more bike than is practical, but I just love the thing. I do wish I could have at least seen one in person, but the supply at the New England dealers is already tapped, so I'm glad I went against my misgivings. The price isn't really too insane. I paid $19,995 + $695 for setup and delivery, which I didn't think was too bad for such a bike, and from what I've heard from people who have sat on one at bike shows, it's actually pretty comfortable. The only thing that really concerns me is the 208 hp you mention combined with the lack of a windscreen!

·
Registered
848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Oh boy! THAT ought to attract some cops!!!
It probably cost more than I paid for my house though.
I'll stick with the one you see in the picture below.
That goes more than fast enough for me.
LOL. What I've discovered is that buying a Ducati isn't the expensive part, it's maintaining it. I do all my own maintenance, but when those Desmo services come due, it's an expensive prospect. My twin cylinder SuperSport was around $900, so I have to assume this 4 cylinder guy will be a tad more.

·
SUPER MODERATOR
9,142 Posts
Love your Bike man!

I'm sure that it will have not only ABS, traction control but 3+ riding modes to help keep the front tire on the pavement. Ducati has really lengthened their service intervals on all of the bikes in recent years.

I've had 2 Ducks and loved them but my nearest Dealer is 150 miles away so I'm reluctant to buy another because the bike has to COOL all night for a Desmo valve adjustment.

Let us know what you think when you ride it!

* At the price you paid, you must have got the salesman drunk:) What a deal!

Sam

·
Registered
848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Love your Bike man!

I'm sure that it will have not only ABS, traction control but 3+ riding modes to help keep the front tire on the pavement. Ducati has really lengthened their service intervals on all of the bikes in recent years.

I've had 2 Ducks and loved them but my nearest Dealer is 150 miles away so I'm reluctant to buy another because the bike has to COOL all night for a Desmo valve adjustment.

Let us know what you think when you ride it!

* At the price you paid, you must have got the salesman drunk:) What a deal!

Sam
It sure does have the whole suite of rider aides. I might be missing some, but it has engine modes, 3-mode cornering ABS, wheelie control, 8-mode traction control, slide control, launch control, engine braking control and a quick-shift. I plan to also have the multimedia system added as well so I can control my phone from the handlebars. The maintenance period is a bit shorter on the Streetfighter than it is on my SuperSport (15,000 miles compared to 18,000) and I have to believe that two more values is going to make the maintenance more expensive, but it's a big improvement over years past. I live in Connecticut but buy my bike from Ducati Vermont, so no trip to the dealer is a short one. I'll give a full report when I get it this spring!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts