Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
A simple concept, initially, but soon we get lots of advice, but most importantly advice from " She who must be obeyed "

Hopefully the pics will arrive in the correct order. What she had, what she wanted, what she got.
I trust this will help the beginning riders.

UK

·
Registered
781 Posts
I gave up and stopped thinking about it when I saw the Morgan. What a wonderful, beautiful car. I've had my Triumphs, Austin Healeys, and MG's, Cobra, and a De Tomaso Mongusta. But never a Morgan. It really is a 'bucket list' car.
What was the question again?

·
Premium Member
9,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I gave up and stopped thinking about it when I saw the Morgan. What a wonderful, beautiful car. I've had my Triumphs, Austin Healeys, and MG's, Cobra, and a De Tomaso Mongusta. But never a Morgan. It really is a 'bucket list' car.
What was the question again?
At the All British show in Vancouver BC, there is usually a row of many gorgeous Morgans. The newer models with the V8 are to die for. There are usually many cars from WA.

UK

·
Registered
781 Posts
Ok. I'll take a stab at it. 'She who must be obeyed', started with a little Mini Cooper. Under powered, but a GREAT little car. Handled well with a lot of smiles per mile. But the need for speed led to the Morgan. More power (lots more) but didn't have the quick handling of the Cooper. So....how do we combine the power and handling? A Triumph motorcycle. Am I close? Do I win anything?

·
Retired twice: Navy and as a govt contractor
15,525 Posts
Rumpole was a British barrister and that was what he called his wife. Rumpole of the Bailey was the show. The rest was too easy

·
Premium Member
9,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ok. I'll take a stab at it. 'She who must be obeyed', started with a little Mini Cooper. Under powered, but a GREAT little car. Handled well with a lot of smiles per mile. But the need for speed led to the Morgan. More power (lots more) but didn't have the quick handling of the Cooper. So....how do we combine the power and handling? A Triumph motorcycle. Am I close? Do I win anything?
Nice try, not close, no prize. " She who must be obeyed " would seem to be somebodies wife. Whose wife?
Not related in any way to me, but has a British origin, from the same general area that I am from.
The common thread of the Mini, Morgan, Triumph and the quote. They are all British.

UK

·
Premium Member
9,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Rumpole was a British barrister and that was what he called his wife. Rumpole of the Bailey was the show. The rest was too easy
Well done.
I think I will watch some Rumpole later. He was in some of the Lord of the Rings, things I think.

UK

·
15,525 Posts
See my post right above yours Krusty

·
15,525 Posts
That is what I call my missus :)

·
Registered
781 Posts
My mistake on two parts, UK. I plead ignorance on both counts.
1. I thought the picture of the girl in the Mini was Shirley, and you were showing the progression of fast cars and excitement leading to a motorcycle. Seemed logical at the time.
2. I don't watch many British shows. Mr. Bean, Are you being served, and Keeping up appearances, mostly. Even if they are old, they are still very funny today.

·
Premium Member
9,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
My mistake on two parts, UK. I plead ignorance on both counts.
1. I thought the picture of the girl in the Mini was Shirley, and you were showing the progression of fast cars and excitement leading to a motorcycle. Seemed logical at the time.
2. I don't watch many British shows. Mr. Bean, Are you being served, and Keeping up appearances, mostly. Even if they are old, they are still very funny today.
However. Correct on the first part. 1. That is Shirley. She was married to Larry at the time. They toured on an XS650. Larry later got an XS1100 that I now have. They divorced after ten years. He died recently and gave me the bike.
If there is a progression, it shows how well we listen. Of course younger folks have more financial restraints. A fridge or washing machine, might trump a bike. As an aside, Shirley will be looking for a new car soon, and she had considered a Mini.

You tube has most everything. I just watched a Rumpole episode.

UK

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Nice, Cant tell from the photo, but is the Trophy the 1200 version or the 900 triple version? The 900 triples get snatched up pretty quickly around here when one comes up for sale. Those Hinckley motors are some of the best that the Brits have ever made, they're pretty much bullet proof. I've had six Triumphs over the last dozen or so years, including the last generation 2013 Trophy. I also had the Sprint ST 900 in that same color as your Trophy (British Racing Green). It was and is my favorite all time bike color. Nice find.

·
Premium Member
9,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
It is a 96 900 triple. Got knocked over recently, and will be getting repainted this winter. It is a sweet bike.

UK

·
American Legion Rider
25,978 Posts
Oh that's, the one that got knocked over???:surprise: What a shame!!!:sad: Looks brand new...nearly.:smile::wink2::crying:

·
SUPER MODERATOR
9,140 Posts
All I took from this is that when I saw the beautiful blond Lady, I didn't care about the cars or the bike:grin:

There is only one I could FIT comfortably in/ on ?????????? Guess and don't be nasty:smile_big:

My bad:kiss:

Sam:nerd:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts