Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I need some purchasing advise. I'm debating between a Honda cbr500r or Kawasaki Ninja 650. This will be my second one (first one was a Suzuki GS500e, an older bike).
Now, the price of the Honda comes around 6800 MSRP, new. The Ninja comes at 6600, used (2020 model, 100miles on it)
Honda is giving away a bonus to anyone purchasing a 500cc or sub bike so the total price of a new one come at 6200.
These are 2 very diffrent bikes and when comparing them both I know the pros and cons of each motorcycle, although I'm leaning more towards the Ninja.

My question is, considering the price and resale value in 4-5 years, which one would you go for? Why?

·
Registered
603 Posts
I think either of them is a good choice if they fit you and I don't think there is a down side to resale of either unless in your area in general Honda's sell better than Kawasaki's or visversa. I would probably choose the Ninja, because I have never had a Ninja disappoint me, I have had 2 Honda's disappoint. However, none of my Honda's and Kawasaki's have been the two models you are considering. And the closest thing I have ridden to either of these bikes for longer than a demo ride was a 2007 CBR600rr (it may have been a 2006) for 2 track days years ago and neither of the bikes you are considering are in that class, and the CBR600rr did not disappoint me. Without sitting on the bikes and doing at least a demo ride, I opinion really isn't worth much.

·
American Legion Rider
21,205 Posts
@wnxxion

It would sure be nice and appreciated, if you would introduce yourself to the community in the New Member Introduction forum. Folks tend to open up more if they believe they know someone just a little bit. 👍

1 - 5 of 5 Posts