Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I have a 1979 Honda XL185s that I'm attempting to take apart and replace all the top end gaskets on, I have the engine out of the frame and now I'm trying to remove the top end. My issue is I've pulled the ignition pulse cover off and pulled out the generator assembly but now the book I'm following says to just remove the bolt and washer and pull the pulse rotor out and it should all come out together. However I've removed the bolt and washer and the pulse rotor doesn't seem to be going anywhere. I've googled a bit but can't find anyone else having this issue. The only other resource I could find is a video of someone working on a honda ATV with the 185 engine which I think is fairly similar? It looks the same as what's in my bike on the top end at least. At 1:15 he refers to it as the rotor and the spark advance behind it
. The spark advance is the piece I can't get off. Anyone have any ideas? I have pictures of my own bike as well but this is only my second post.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.