Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys so I got a 2003 Kawasaki Vulcan 1500 mean streak from my brother in law as a project bike. So far, I replaced the battery, oil change, and the spark plugs are on order. still it won't turn over. I put the key in, and a few lights come on. I press the button to start her, and it clicks It sat for a few years so I'm not expecting an overnight change. It'll be a long road but my childhood dream of restoring a motorcycle is in the works. Any ideas ideas?

·
Shadow Moderator
1,615 Posts
I'd encourage you to head on over to the new member introduction forum and tell us more about yourself. Is this your first bike? How long have you been wrenching on machinery? What part of the country do you call home?

I don't know about your bike in particular, maybe somebody will be along soon who does. But in general, check the electrical connections to the starter, make sure they're clean and tight, especially the big wires that carry the starting current.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'd encourage you to head on over to the new member introduction forum and tell us more about yourself. Is this your first bike? How long have you been wrenching on machinery? What part of the country do you call home?

I don't know about your bike in particular, maybe somebody will be along soon who does. But in general, check the electrical connections to the starter, make sure they're clean and tight, especially the big wires that carry the starting current.
Thanks for the suggestion. I'll put up a thread now

·
American Legion Rider
23,610 Posts
Do you know the full history of the bike? Was it running fine when parked or was it parked because someone forgot the add oil when needed and seized the engine? I think I gave you or someone some things to check before proceeding. Drain the fuel and replace it. Clean the carb(s). Change any inline fuel filter. Clean or change the air filter. I'd also keep the battery on a tender so you have a fully charged one when you try to start it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts