Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to upload a picture in the user control panel. The picture is under the KB requirement and under the 300 X300 pixel requirement it is 144 X 144.
Am I doing something wrong still?
Thanks for the help.

Mike

·
ZAMM Fanatic
2,732 Posts
What you REALLY want to do is sign up for an imgur.com account, upload your photos THERE, and then just cut and paste the "BBS links" for your photos to paste them into your posts here on MCforum.

SOUNDS complex but after 30 minutes getting it all set up and practicing a few times, I can upload a picture from my desktop to imgur and post it here in all of about 30 seconds.

And you avoid all the size limits, etc. here. imgur will ingest 12-200Mpixel photos without choking at all.

Imgur also offers cropping, etc.

Be sure and select "large thumbnail" for the size you want to LINK to.

·
Member Map
23,911 Posts
Every time I try an upload a new batch of photos (currently 12) i get a plethora of errors after a minute or so of the pink 'bar', ranging from 1 image timed out, to disconnected.

My internet is working fine and I can browse the rest of flickr without issue.
You need to have 15 posts to add pictures.

·
ZAMM Fanatic
2,732 Posts
Every time I try and upload a new batch of photos (currently 12) i get a plethora of errors after a minute or so of the pink 'bar', ranging from 1 image timed out, to disconnected.

My internet is working fine and I can browse the rest of flickr without issue.
On the following thread; there are instructions on how a newbie can post images using a photo sharing site like imgur or flickr.

http://www.motorcycleforum.com/showthread.php?p=1841746#post1841746

·
ZAMM Fanatic
2,732 Posts
Pictures enhance the user experience considerably. For all practical purposes the web is unlimited. There's no reason, unlike in print media, to limit the # and size of photos users submit when you can lease 2TB of cloud storage for $10 a month.

Moreover, 10 years from now many photos hosted offsite will be gone. For the enduring value of the blog's archive, getting pictures saved HERE is worthwhile. IMHO, of course.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts