Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello! I'm having an issue and I'll try and be as detailed as I can. I have a 2007 Vstar 1100. I let it sit and because I'm not to bright I left gas it in all winter. It would start fine but any throttle would shut it down. I also had to keep the choke on. If I moved it, it would shut down. I read on how to clean the carbs as it seemed the pilot jet was clogged. After taking it apart I did indeed find the pilot jet on both sides clogged. I cleaned them and the rest of the carb. I installed new gaskets and put it back together.

Started up fine. It sounded good. Turning the throttle and it sounded good. Moving the choke and it was fine. I really thought it was fixed and was pretty happy. But I found after turning it off it wouldn't start again while it was hot.

So my question is what could be the issue now? Did I foul something up? Or could it be that I should have replaced the plugs? I'm really at a loss here as I'm not to mechanical and I am learning as I go.
Any help would be appreciated!

·
Retired twice: Navy and as a govt contractor
14,420 Posts
Did you drain and put new gas in it?

Add some SeaFoam to the new gas

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for your reply. I should have mentioned, I did drain the gas and put new in using sea foam before I took the carb out and cleaned it. I was hoping it would do the job for me lol.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts