Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Aging & Worn
4,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of the BAD things about traveling down South; especially during "Winter" activity up North, is watching everyone riding their motorcycles!!

Of course I could have rented a bike I suppose, while I was down there, but I didn't.

So we get back home yesterday, and today the sun came out. Windy as all get out, and I'm in a lot of pain, but I got the Compressor fired up and checked the tire pressure (only had to add about two pounds to the rear tire).

Got the bike down off the lift and unplugged the Tender........VROOOOMMMMM.
She started right up!! Sat on her..........let her warm......cut the choke back.....a little coughing, so I up'd the choke a tad.........

Oh how I wanted to "ride!"

-Soupy

·
Registered
886 Posts
I just took my first actual ride Thursday even though the weather has been into the sixties a couple times in the past two weeks (yeah I know I'm kid of a wimp when it comes to temperature). Are you anywhere near the area where they still have some of the five feet of snow piled up Soupy?

·
Aging & Worn
4,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
When the wife and I returned from our trip to Florida, on Friday, the only traces of "snow" were very small. Virtually ALL of the snow on the lawns in our suburbs are brown (no sign of snow).

That said, I'm sure there are still piles of snow in parking lots of businesses, because of the build up thru February, but this week promises rain each day, so even those will most likely be gone.

No significant sign of Daffodiles yet however.

Happy Easter everyone!! It's a beautiful morning for all those "Sunrise Services going on right now!!

All the most warmest wishes to each and every one of you "filthy no good heathens" (as Aunt Esther used to say to Fred Sanford, in "Sanford & Sons.") on this Easter Sunday Morning!!

-Soupy

·
Registered
336 Posts
Sorry about your luck Soupy,been 80 degrees here and lovin it!!!I always say that I would rather sweat my tail off in summer than shovel snow lol!I also wish everyone a Happy Easter,He rose and one day he will be coming back.What a glorious day that will be!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Charlie Tango Xray
763 Posts
I still need to unload the motorcycle I picked up from the shop earlier in the week. Its supposed to get up to 60 degrees today. I might unload it quick and take it for a ride before everyone comes over for Easter. ;)

·
Aging & Worn
4,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
63 Posts
People have been riding here for months now, we see bikes in the south during any favorable weather during any month. I saw bikes out in January on a couple of nice days we had. The luxury of living in a warmer climate I suppose. Being from Ohio really the first time I'd see a lot of bikes out is in the annual Louie Run this year was the last year though :( and they'd be out until around October. Now living in the south it is easier to ride year round because there isn't a time where we have 10 inches of snow for 3 months.

-Jared

·
Registered
3,606 Posts
Maybe you should just take her for a spin and see what happens Soupy! I mean, you're in pain anyway, right? Trina went to New York for the NFL Draft last year, knowing that it would be painful, but said that she deals with pain everyday, she might as well deal with it while she is doing what she wants!!!

·
Aging & Worn
4,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Maybe you should just take her for a spin and see what happens Soupy!..............
I know I will do that, but the pain is only part of the issue. I have trouble controlling my legs and that could be fatal to me, given the need to shift and brake and hold the bike upright.

I'm pig-headed enough to try it though. Looks like "rain" all this week, so the earliest I see it happening is perhaps NEXT week.

-Soupy

·
Registered
3,606 Posts
I know I will do that, but the pain is only part of the issue. I have trouble controlling my legs and that could be fatal to me, given the need to shift and brake and hold the bike upright.

I'm pig-headed enough to try it though. Looks like "rain" all this week, so the earliest I see it happening is perhaps NEXT week.

-Soupy
Gotcha...well don't die on us, k?

·
Aging & Worn
4,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Gotcha...well don't die on us, k?
Ever notice that the closer a person gets to retirement, the less they invest themselves in whatever they are doing? (lol)

The Good Lord willing, I will hang around just long enough to tick everyone off, I suppose........lol.

-Soupy

·
Gone.
17,857 Posts

·
American Legion Rider
21,845 Posts
Ever notice that the closer a person gets to retirement, the less they invest themselves in whatever they are doing? (lol)

The Good Lord willing, I will hang around just long enough to tick everyone off, I suppose........lol.

-Soupy
You may want to consider a trike if you are having trouble with controlling the legs. With a conventional trike you can put a heal/toe shifter or they make appliances that will do it. Or a Spyder has the semi automatic that is shifted up with a handlebar paddle device. It will down shift on it's own or you can over ride that too. Don't knock them. Trikes that is. My wife could never keep up with me in the twisties on her bike when she had it. In fact I just left her in the dust and would go home and have a beer. She now can take them faster than I dare. Kinda hurts my feelings.:frown:

BTW, that new 3 cylinder Spyder is an assume machine. But I've got a soft spot for 3 cylinder engines. I thought my wife's K75 was actually a better machine than my K100.

·
Retired twice: Navy and as a govt contractor
13,146 Posts
He hit a building?

How do you run into a building?
It leaps off of it's foundation and out into the street in front of you.

Either that or you just plan screwed up and the building saved everyone else

·
Aging & Worn
4,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
To "hit a building," I have to assume a couple of things are possible..........

A. He took his bike out for the first time since winter and
didn't do any "checks" to ensure the bikes safe riding
condition, and had a mechanical failure of some type,
that robbed him of proper control and he went off the
road and into the building.

B. He was a terrible rider/driver and lost control due to
a lack of knowledge and poor riding/driving skills and
made a poor judgement call that forced him off the road
and into a building.

C. He was riding along, and had to do an avoidance move
when confronted with a vehicle that was about to hit him,
and he had "no where else to go."

D. He was torquing around, being balsy, and misjudged a
turn and found a building in his path.

No matter how he died, and for what reason, he is still "dead."

-Soupy

·
Gone.
17,857 Posts
Or he was drunk or tripping,

or he was suicidal,

or he was trying to commit an act of terrorism but failed, or...

Yeah, he's still dead no matter, but at least it made for an interesting head line and a unique death.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts