Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
SUPER MODERATOR
9,130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A couple of weeks ago, I supposedly became a 'Premium Member,' by filling out the forums on-line questionnaire and giving my credit card info for my 1 year membership. My CC was immediately charged but so far I have seen nothing that identifies me as a member of the Elite????????? I thought it would be cool to support the Forum that has given me so much FREE pleasure.:)

How many of you have joined and are wondering what happened?

Sam :unsure:

·
Retired twice: Navy and as a govt contractor
15,500 Posts
You always were 'special'

If you put your mouse on your avatar and let it sit, you will see that you have Premium Member listed twice. If you do the same on mine you will see it is only listed once

·
SUPER MODERATOR
9,130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Seriously is that their recognition?????

You are special too John :) Once anyway!

I have 2 special little dealies so I must be twice as special:)

I am interested in Folks that have paid.

Sam

·
Premium Member
1,982 Posts
I'm in. Wanted to see what it would do.
Wanted to be a big shot

·
American Legion Rider
25,914 Posts
Yeah Sam, you were already in that "special" group but I don't think there are any prefixes defined that will get you anything you don't already have access to. That's if I understand how it's supposed to work. Maybe @mo admin can shed some light on just what they or I'm supposed to do. I do have the Biker Bar partially set-up to expose somethings I removed from the general public when this site allowed anyone access to the real good stuff there. So if @mo admin would start a conversation with the mods about what when and where of the "Premium" group works it would be great. I may not have done the up front stuff properly anyway but I was trying to get ready for this day. I just don't know exactly what I'm supposed to do with any of this or if I'm supposed to. This might be controlled completely from their side. But I tried to get ready with that forum anyway. I do "think" I know you are supposed to be able to access things the "free' users cannot.

Reactions: Porky

·
15,500 Posts
PST - you is one TR

·
Registered
79 Cb750f
615 Posts
Back in the early 2000s there was a site, mainly motocross, that kept getting inundated with jerks and snotty kids. They ran most of the industry and knowledgeable people off.

So, they started a preminum section.
Thats all they got.
A place where 6 guys could talk between each other.
That seemed to drive a lot of what was left away.

That place lasted about 2 years after that.

A tshirt or a hat would be cool, IMO.
Advertising for the forum at the very least.

·
Nightfly
4,598 Posts
PST - you is one TR
I know John but I still ask the question because Sam said he whipped out his credit card and paid to become a premium member. Does Sam have more premium membership than any other premium member and what exactly do you get for being a premium member.

·
SUPER MODERATOR
9,130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
That was my point :)
Sam

·
American Legion Rider
25,914 Posts
At this time there is nothing "Premium" on this site unless possibly not getting advertisements but I don't know how confirm that part works if it does. But there is nothing hidden that only Premium members can get to. As I said earlier, there is some no one can get to right now and if and when the Premium stuff actually starts working, that stuff will be available to only Premium members. But there is ZERO at this time that some are seeing that others aren't. Y'all will know if and/or when that happens if I have any part in this stuff.

·
Nightfly
4,598 Posts
At this time there is nothing "Premium" on this site unless possibly not getting advertisements but I don't know how confirm that part works if it does. But there is nothing hidden that only Premium members can get to. As I said earlier, there is some no one can get to right now and if and when the Premium stuff actually starts working, that stuff will be available to only Premium members. But there is ZERO at this time that some are seeing that others aren't. Y'all will know if and/or when that happens if I have any part in this stuff.
It would seem to be a rather slimy way to run a forum, take Sam's money but he gets nothing for it. And now he's a member two times due to his wanting to contribute to the site and all he got was a credit card bill. Not blaming you Larry but if they are going to take the money and run, the higher ups should let us know if we should drop our pants or just take a normal azz whipping.

·
15,500 Posts
The cost will just slow Sam down for 2 seconds on the purchase of his next bike. Actually I have no Idea what it costs.

·
Nightfly
4,598 Posts
The cost will just slow Sam down for 2 seconds on the purchase of his next bike. Actually I have no Idea what it costs.
I'm with ya on that John. Sam goes through bikes like I go through toilet paper. I wonder if he ever found one he just couldn't part with? Probably not.

·
American Legion Rider
25,914 Posts
Right at $20 a year John. The very first quote of cost was $20 a month which I sent them a message stating by no means is any of their forums worth that or not even worth that if it was all of them lumped together. $20 a year is barely acceptable. How Dods pulled it off without "donations" is beyond me but he did. Letting him go was a huge mistake but you can see there was and is completely different business goals.:( :( :(

1 - 16 of 16 Posts