Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Met the V8 bike on Wednesday. Custom built chopper. Some really nice work like the inboard front calipers with the brake line inside the forks.

Bike weighs 1200 pounds. Moderate rake on the front end, bars drawn way back so it steers like a tiller. Turning radius about the width of a foot ball field.
Left hand turns require some power on, or it falls over. With the bike on the side stand, if you blip the throttle, it will fall over to the right. Will do the same thing in a straight line if you grab a handful of throttle. 90 degree right hand turns need to be taken wide, to get around the corner.
With the really wide rear tyre, the rear end rises at any angle of lean, making any attempt at cornering difficult.

It is a hard tail, and the tyre is low profile, so there is zero suspension. At about 20 mpg the chopper style tear drop tank does not bet the bike very far.
The 350 Chev motor has been bored and stroked so is now 383. Just what I would like for my 78 Chev belch mobile truck.

The gearbox is an auto style, so at slow speeds, such as cornering, the brake needs to be kept on to stop the bike from going too fast. Remember the throttle needs to be on for left handers.

A straight line at constant speed down a smooth highway, would be about the only thing this $45,000.00 scooter is good for.

It resides on my Island about 2 miles away. I will be sure to blow by it every time I see it, now that I have met the owner and the bike.

Unkle Crusty*

·
Swamp Rat Rider
1,903 Posts
Nothing I would want .. While I like Power don't figure it's much use unless has the handling to go with it ..

·
American Legion Rider
23,527 Posts
So he has a Boss Hoss chopper correct? A Boss Hoss was a stretch. That sounds absolutely worthless.

·
Gone.
17,857 Posts
Sometimes people will do things just to see if they can do them. I can understand that.

But I could have done LOT of more useful things with $45,000.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
I've seen a few Boss Hoss's & have to admit I'm impressed with the engineering. It's not a bike for me though,, but still fun to see them out in the wild. I haven't heard one running yet, are they loud?

IMO a V-8 in a trike configuration would be more fun.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts