Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Retired twice: Navy and as a govt contractor
14,359 Posts
Is that the one you paid like 40 bucks for?

·
ZAMM Fanatic
2,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
What don't you like about it?
That's a rather odd question. If you wanted to buy it, wouldn't you want to know what I like about it?

But to answer your question, it uses a charging cord (box includes both USB and 12V cigarette cord) that is micro-USB or some other plug that none of my other toys use, meaning I have to always keep up with that particular cord if I want to use it in multiple vehicles.

The POV has more buttons and settings than I believe a dashcam needs. Like auto stop-recording after a G-impact of so many G's, with settings of low, medium and high. After it inexplicably shut off on a bumpy road several times I was forced to read the manual to find out I needed to set it to "high."

I hate products that require that I read manuals.

If you'll read my review of dashcams, I gave my highest marks to the simpler COBRA, even though the screen is tiny in comparison, doesn't swivel and it lacks nifty features the POV has like "mark this" to SAVE the last 5 minutes recording of (an interesting piece of road?), not just pre-crash video.

(In my review I point out the MAIN purpose of the tiny screen on dashcams is to re-assure you it's actually recording! )

Review of Dashcams: http://www.motorcycleforum.com/showthread.php?t=146858&highlight=dashcam

Here's an entertaining 2 minute video of "the usual idiots" caught on dashcams ... you KNOW it's gonna be good when you hear the music...

·
ZAMM Fanatic
2,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
My new sideline...

Is that the one you paid like 40 bucks for?
You caught me Critter! Buying $39 dashcams and making a killing selling them on MCForum for $50!!!

Yeah, No.

This one cost $99 at Loves, plus a 32G or something memory card I bought separately. Plus tax. You can see the price tag on the box AND the photo of the Love's display in my review of dashcams.

Here's a high quality video taken by a MobileSpec owner, {far less entertaining than the video above. } to give you an idea of the video quality.

·
Commute Racer
2,225 Posts
I think it's a perfectly reasonable question, because you're selling it leads me to believe that you aren't 100% satisfied, and the things you don't like may match up with my needs or they may not.

I don't particularly care about micro usb or not, and I always read the manual.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts