Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Shut up and Ride!
904 Posts
Your V Rod may pass the Stratoliner, but fly by. I don't think so Tim.

Great response to some light hearted trash talk

Doesnt your bike weight 700+ lbs? 85 hp or something like that? The stratoliner is a great touring bike but on highway speeds it WILL get blown away by my V Rod. your bike makes its peak power at around 3k rpm, mine starts waking up at 5k rpm plus and keeps going peaking out at around 7500k rpm.

I was joking too fella. relax its just a yamaha. :biggrin:

(btw I also own a Kawasaki, so im not JUST into HDs)

·
What?
865 Posts
Can I join the Harley jokes?

In reality I have been wanting to ride one. Dunno bout owning one. I have been starting to save for a long big CC bagger stlye bike. Really like the Vulcan Vaquero, can't remember the HD that is in the same style.

·
Registered
594 Posts
Doesnt your bike weight 700+ lbs? 85 hp or something like that? The stratoliner is a great touring bike but on highway speeds it WILL get blown away by my V Rod. your bike makes its peak power at around 3k rpm, mine starts waking up at 5k rpm plus and keeps going peaking out at around 7500k rpm.

I was joking too fella. relax its just a yamaha. :biggrin:

(btw I also own a Kawasaki, so im not JUST into HDs)
Stock you are correct about the HP. It's a very easy bike to add serious HP to for just a little bit if money and it has a ton of tourque. The V Rod is a killer bike.

I'm just having fun anyway.

·
Swamp Rat Rider
1,867 Posts
This was my Favorite HD of all of them I owned and Owned Many.. Enjoying Victory Power now but still miss this one sometimes, although glad to see it go to a collector as it was totally original except for the Exhaust and Seat ..

·
Registered
4,169 Posts
I do like a fixed fairing. I traded an Electra Glide Ultra for that Road Glide to get the fixed fairing. Otherwise the EGU was a nice ride. I traded the RGU for another fixed fairing, my Vision, because I was spending too much time at the local HD dealer. I have always favored a fixed fairing. I still own a 1981 Honda CX-500-C, yes I know it had no fairing but mine has a Vetter IV on it that is bolted to the bike's frame. The OEM headlight was just moved from its original perch to the fairing.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts