Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
4,997 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone available to post a couple of photos of my new bike? If so, please shoot me a pm with your cell phone number and I will text them to you. Thanks!

·
Retired twice: Navy and as a govt contractor
14,296 Posts
Nice looking bike

·
Save them all!
4,278 Posts
Wow, ya, nice looking bike!

·
American Legion Rider
23,521 Posts
Hate to say it but it sure looks better than the yellow submarine ya had.:D

·
Aging & Worn
4,516 Posts
Enjoy it bro! Looks like a great commuter bike!! I don't know that I would take a long trip on it, (thinking it would wear me out in fairly quickly, with the forward lean angle).

I was telling a motorcycle rider at work (there are a number of them) about the "Jamestown Island Ride" coming up in August, in case he would like to come along, and he said no.
His reason was his forward-leaning position......"I would be worn out in the first fifty miles from pain in my palms and shoulders," he said.

I've always assumed that leaning forward would put less pressure on the back, and be more comfortable in that regard; but that leaning forward might create other stress points as alternate issues.

-Soupy

·
Eating GSXRs, Sh***ing CBRs
1,895 Posts
Awesome! Have a fun ride home.

·
1,895 Posts
I've always assumed that leaning forward would put less pressure on the back, and be more comfortable in that regard; but that leaning forward might create other stress points as alternate issues.

-Soupy
Not much pressure on the back but lots on the wrists and palms.

·
8,572 Posts
Absolutely beautiful---congratulations.

Sam:coffeescreen:

·
American Legion Rider
23,521 Posts
Not much pressure on the back but lots on the wrists and palms.
Yeah, that angle is much easier on the back but I can't ride one because of the pressure it puts on my ankles. In fact I can't get one to even bend that much anymore.

·
1,895 Posts
Yeah, that angle is much easier on the back but I can't ride one because of the pressure it puts on my ankles. In fact I can't get one to even bend that much anymore.
Thats interesting. I've never noticed any pressure on my ankles. Mabe a little on my knees, but not my ankles. I'm assuming this is maybe injury related?

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Awesome looking bike Hawk, congrats!

& you're currently living a dream I had for a long time, when the FJ1200 first came out. I wanted one then soooooo badly I could taste it! :p but I couldn't get one then for a variety of reasons :frown:

I too would consider buying one 'now' if a good deal came along. Live the dream Hawk!

The bike itself was classified as a 'sport-tourer' & it could be comfortably ridden all day. & it was equally fun to zip around in town too. I really wish Yamaha still made it. The FJR1300 is a nice descendant of it, but somehow I don't care for it as much as the older FJ's.

·
American Legion Rider
23,521 Posts
Thats interesting. I've never noticed any pressure on my ankles. Mabe a little on my knees, but not my ankles. I'm assuming this is maybe injury related?
Absolutely. That position is much better for avoiding the sudden jarring of bumps unseen until the last second. Then you can lift slightly and use your legs as shock absorbers. Legs under you not out front is much better in that regard.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts