Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I might be trading in my Harley Electra Glide in on a different bike. My problem is I cant find on to fit. I am 6'5" with a 35" inseam. So far I have tried a Honda VTX1800 and Victory Vegas. These have fit the best but not exactly what I'm looking for. I have also tried a Yamaha Road Star 1600, Kawasaki Vulcan 2000 LT, Kawasaki Nomad and a Kawasaki Vulcan 900. The Kawasaki 2000 was a horrible fit. The Road Star was the best but lacked much needed leg room. I'm going to try to look at a Stratoliner next weekend but not giving it much hope given the Kawasaki 2000 was very cramped. Also read they need a 6th gear and I do alot of riding over 70mph. Any suggestions on what else would be good to look at. Looking for more of a cruiser touring type bike. Trying to keep the price around $6k. After looking at metric bikes I remember why I like Harleys more.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I have a VTX1800c which I love but that said, I ride a Suzuki C109rt. There are no new ones in the U.S. as they only sold them here a couple of years. It is a great ride, has a lot of room and if you find one they are around $6k.

The Indian has a bit more room than a Harley but was still a little tight for me. I am 6'1" tall with a 33 inch inseam. I went to a Harley demo days and all of them were cramped but don't they offer extended reach seats and such to make it fit a taller person? My friend had a custom seeat made by Corbin so that he feels more comfortable with the length but it pushed back his backrest so far back that he can't ride with a passenger if he uses the backrest. He doesn't ride 2 up so it's all good.

·
Gone.
17,857 Posts
There are a bewildering amount of seats, foot-pegs, controls, and other parts available for Harley's to allow riders to custom fit the bikes to themselves. (Or whatever else they want to do to them.) There is more aftermarket support for Harley's then any other brand in the world.

I agree that some of the newer models seem a bit cramped. I think they moved the angle of the seat forward a bit, or something. If I were to buy one I'd have to change the foot controls.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The one nice thing about my Harley is the Corbin seat moved me back a little. I also moved the floor boards forward two inches and outward 3/4 of a inch. Makes a world of difference. So far the metric bikes haven't come close to fitting. The only one is my brother in laws vtx1800.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts