Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello

So my bike seized once because the old owner put the oil filter the wrong way (It's just a cup of chicken wire) So there was alot of aluminum dust at all parts. I rebuilt the engine and all oil channels were blown with compressed air.

I got new parts including new oil pump and I have changed oil like 4-5 times in about 1500km I believe (Break in). I've always but 1L that it holds and checked it's at Hi point. Well now I took the engine apart and well well well... the camshaft is beginning to get loosy. The surface isn't smooth and the so called "bearing" is sloppy.

I can move the "bearing" sideways just a tiny bit. Here I'll show you images. It doesn't look good and I'm wondering what can I do to improve oil flow at chinese air cooled engine? Also the oil usually contains aluminium dust that worries me, The dust usually goes to flywheel where it doesn't do damage. But actually now as I removed the oil about 200-300km on, no dust.

http://imgur.com/a/RWAzp

·
American Legion Rider
23,769 Posts
Honestly I would not waste anymore time and money on it. Can you swap the engine with what ever name brand they copied? That's the direction I'd go or just get another. They are basically throw away bikes. Meaning run them into the ground and get another. Unless you have a Chinese mechanic in your back pocket.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
cost vs use

yeah, there is a point in mechanicing that becomes dufus.
and a point in politics that becomes dufus.
and a guy named dufus.

doesn't mean that dufus is right.
just means that if you follow dufus, it might cost some money.

There are work arounds to wear, and I(speaking of dufus), have always wanted to try new things, so if you just can't stand knowing it's broke in, give it to someone who has nothing. they will love it to death.

You can use STP to thicken your thicker oil, and they make a material you wrap around the crank when you rebuild it that fills pits and makes its own bearing(you can use thin teflon, it makes its own bearing surface, but is not all that heat tolerant. If your gap is wide enough, you can fill it with a thin brass sheeting. Brass makes a great bearing. You can squirt JB weld in behind the bearing that is sloppy when you put it in, to raise it a bit, but that is semi-permanent, and will make rebuilding not kosher.

Problem with all this is that it takes time. and time is money.

Dufus would be proud...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts