Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why is it so difficult to find a polarized visor?

I had a pair of polarized glasses and I'll never buy another pair that isn't polarized. I can't wear them with my visor down because it really distorts my vision and I start to see rainbows. Of course I can wear them with the visor up but I would rather have a polarized visor.

I have a shoei x-11.

haha, sorry for saying polarized so much. :)

·
10,757 Posts
I wear polarized glasses when I ride, and I do not have the rainbow issue, but I can not see my GPS or MP3 player screens. I have a HJC helmet with a secondary tinted screen. There are two face sheilds, and the interior one is dark tinted. Works very well.

·
Premium Member
14,680 Posts
I'm not sure I have heard of one, tinted works fine for me.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I guess I'm not going to be able to have one

Haha, Benny that was hilarious :coffeescreen:. My shoei actually came with that shield in the box. The resolution and quality are superb!

Hmm... I guess they aren't very common. Even if I was to find one, what are the odds they would have it for my helmet model...

Badlands, I have seen a helmet like your HJC before. It looked pretty cool. Do you use both at the same time? and your vision is still good? I'm surprised the refraction from the lens doesn't distort anything. You know, the lens are curved.

This is a bit of a tangent BUT did you know....

In Italy, pet stores are forbidden to keep gold fish in spherical fish tanks because it gives the fish a skewed view of the world. :rolleyes:

·
A legend in his own mind
2,600 Posts
Better quality shields won't have distortion issues. Even used with the tinted shield inside.
I think there is a company that sells films for shields that are polarized.

·
10,757 Posts
Badlands, I have seen a helmet like your HJC before. It looked pretty cool. Do you use both at the same time? and your vision is still good? I'm surprised the refraction from the lens doesn't distort anything. You know, the lens are curved.

This is a bit of a tangent BUT did you know....

In Italy, pet stores are forbidden to keep gold fish in spherical fish tanks because it gives the fish a skewed view of the world. :rolleyes:
Have the fish complained to some one?
As to your question yes I use both at the same time. sometimes I just use the inner one because it is only a 1/2 shield. I will open the outer one and then lower the inner one. It lets a good enough of air in on those hot days. Sometimes just the outer. I have even worn sunglasses with the inner shield lowered. Very helpful for long rides directly into the setting sun. I love that helmet and will not buy another without that feature.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts