Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, i was recently given a 1981 Honda CB750 custom. the bike runs great and fits me well, however, it needs some love. I am trying to find things like the OEM headlight and turn signal assembly. not having much luck online. I was hoping someone could point me in the right direction for a website that i could find things such as this? Also id really like to see what others have to done to alter the appearance of their bikes, such as, after market lighting or handlebars. I would appreciate any info. Thanks

·
Registered
467 Posts
bikebandit.com is a good place to get that kind of stuff. Surprisingly, amazon will let you customize your searches according to vehicle too, though their selection is naturally more limited.

·
Member Map
23,911 Posts
You may have some luck with a motorcycle salvage yard. Many will ship parts now. Of course buying used stuff sight-unseen is often a risk.

·
Registered
3,162 Posts
Finding the part

The key to finding old parts is the part number that comes from the Honda microfiche. Just by entering the part number in a generic search engine like Google, all kinds of deals come to you. I was searching for a pulse generator for a bike and by using the part#, two came up in Europe and one in Canada. These were the last ones at the dealer that were OEM. The guy in Canada would not sell to me so I got my local dealer to order it from him.

Western Hills Honda in Cinn. Ohio has the microfiche that includes all the old stuff and they also buy up old parts that were never used, also called new old stock or NOS. Some of the other Honda dealers do not have complete working microfiche, so remember Western Hills.

http://www.motorcycleforum.com/showthread.php?t=146202. take the time to learn how to do this, and you can bypass a sleepy guy at the parts counter who might not care to check beyond what can be ordered from the factory. A good parts man will check the stock still remaining at ALL the dealers, but you can do the same thing by Googling the number yourself.

As a bonus, used stuff from E-bay private sellers will appear as well.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts