·
ZAMM Fanatic
2,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Attachments

·
American Legion Rider
21,140 Posts
Now those I always thought would make it more difficult to hear emergency vehicles.

·
Registered
804 Posts
I ride with earbuds playing music on the Interstate. I hear emergency vehicles (and rednecks with large mud on their trucks) well in advance.:biggrin:

·
American Legion Rider
21,140 Posts
I ride with earbuds playing music on the Interstate. I hear emergency vehicles (and rednecks with large mud on their trucks) well in advance.:biggrin:
Earbuds aren't also ear plugs are they like these. You still get outside noise because they don't completely block the ear canal. Or do they? Don't no. Myself, I just use little speakers.

·
Registered
804 Posts
Mine do fill the ear canal, but you're right, they don't block all noise. That would just be weird.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I also tried the plug phones and haven't been happy with them. Although I didn't use it long enough to test the durability, I hated the fact that there isn't a volume controller. I also didn't like the foam - I prefer the silicone tips that come on most earphones. Currently Im testing a pair of Rider X1 earphones - they are prototypes - and they work amazing. Good isolation from wind and the controls are located by the jack which make them perfect for motorcycle riding. I will post a detailed review about them soon

·
Registered
473 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
I want to share a video regarding the motorcycle headphone. It is not generic. It will prevent wind noise as well. Please have a look at it.

·
American Legion Rider
21,140 Posts
You can't beat custom earplugs though. I can wear mine 24/7 if needed. Now to have sound as well would be a bonus. Especially if Bluetooth compatible. I'm going to have to see if I can get my hardwired system to work with these somehow. Bike already has bluetooth ability so I might be able to go back to that. So I'm going to seriously investigate these gems.

·
On The Road Again!
3,269 Posts
I can't stand anything in my ears.
And that video??
I got about 20 seconds into it before I had
enough of that big mouth screaming at me.

·
American Legion Rider
21,140 Posts
I can't stand anything in my ears.
And that video??
I got about 20 seconds into it before I had
enough of that big mouth screaming at me.
It is something you have to get used to. In my case I was forced to use them or not have a job and I wanted that job. The company supplied custom plugs for everyone and made it mandatory to use them. Caught without them you just picked up your final check at the end of the day. Their house, their rules. It took several fittings before they got mine where I could wear them for a full shift. Now I can wear them all the time if needed. I still can't wear those foam things. I don't know how anyone can but probably just like my custom ones, you get used to them if you force yourself. I just don't have a reason to force myself.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts