Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
446 Posts
Kind of looks like this http://westcountryboy.hubpages.com/hub/classicyamahamotorcycles

Yamaha FS1E

Two stroke single, 48mph, 85mpg.

The Yamaha fizzy has to be an all time classic Yamaha and a 1970's icon, this was the bike that got a generation into motorcycling. Finding a good usable FS1E will be hard as many examples will have vanished due to the ravages of learner abuse, being crashed and thrashed to death. So any Yamaha FS1E for sale, will now attract a lot of attention and be keenly sought after by collectors to restore.

The 1976 FS1E DX disc brake model I think looks the best and would be the most practical, but the earlier purple or gold FS1E with the drum front brake, would be the ultimate classic Yamaha and what the most serious collectors would be after. The FS1E has a very good owners club with tips on tuning, racing and availability of FS1E parts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you! It was a great wish of mine to get a motorcycle like this, but I have not been able to find one here in South Africa... I'm 17 years old now, hopefully I'll get one before I get too old.
Thank you again :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts