Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all i have a honda fitted Rickman fairing but the plastic screens got a few scratches some right in my line of view, does anyone know if its possible to remove scratches from a plastic screen....this info would be much appreciated...

·
Troublemaker
2,517 Posts
I look over the windshield so scratches aren't really a problem. I can't think of a way that would get rid of scratches without turning the windshield into a prescription type pair of glasses.

You can clean it with toothpaste, not sure, but I think they (whoever "they" are) do not recommend anything with whitening crystals. The amount of work it would take would probably make it worthwhile to just get another shield.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I look over the windshield so scratches aren't really a problem. I can't think of a way that would get rid of scratches without turning the windshield into a prescription type pair of glasses.

You can clean it with toothpaste, not sure, but I think they (whoever "they" are) do not recommend anything with whitening crystals. The amount of work it would take would probably make it worthwhile to just get another shield.
Ok thanks just thought these days there maybe something that would do it. Its a vintage Rickman fairing so would not have much chance of a replacement them fairings are quite rare now.

·
Retired twice: Navy and as a govt contractor
14,370 Posts
That is just one of the three items, here is the entire package. Works well

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Theres a Novus scratch remover on ebay for about a tenner. Would the number 3 one be ok both for just slight scratches and deaper ones.....

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well the full packs about 25 quid i have just a few scratches so would prefer to get the tenner single bottle would the number 3 also do slight scratches as well as deaper ones.

·
14,370 Posts
Yes it would remove those scratches but leave behind a fine pattern of even finer scratches. It is really a 3 step process to produce a finished wind screen, 25 quid or a new screen which is cheaper?

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yes it would remove those scratches but leave behind a fine pattern of even finer scratches. It is really a 3 step process to produce a finished wind screen, 25 quid or a new screen which is cheaper?
I see your point Critter ive now found on ebay the whole set including 6 clothes for rubbing down £ 15 the lot free postage. So im ok now i think i can start.on the number 2 and as u say go through the process.

I guess the third step is using the polish that comes with it.

Thanks for your reply the scratches i have are not too many or too bad, its just its a classic Rickman screen on a classic bike so i want to keep them together.....

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Well i got the Novus kit and its magic i spent a few hours Sunday and theres not one scratch left on the screen looks new, i did quite a lot with number 2 and a few with three. But anyone wants a scratch remover that works get this kit. Its £25 at Amazon but on ebay you can get the full kit plus 6 of the cleaning cloths for. £ 15 free postage... Magic ...

·
14,370 Posts
Would we steer you wrong? Do a couple of coats of the #1 as well

·
14,370 Posts
Excellent Doc, very fitting

1 - 20 of 23 Posts